OverviewUniversity of Alberta Temporary Administrative Staff Temporary in Edmonton, AB
University of Alberta
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Temporary Administrative Staff
High School Diploma, supplemented by administrative courses; And accounting duties (accounts payable and receivable, invoice generation and reconciliation, etc….
This competition will be used to fill multiple positions.
The end dates and rates for positions will vary depending on the assignment details. Hours of work are not guaranteed and will vary based on business requirements.
Interim Staffing Solutions (ISS) provides the University of Alberta with a qualified pool of administrative professional to fill a variety of staffing needs, with coverage ranging from vacations, illness leaves, sudden resignations, peak periods, special projects, or reorganizations.
We hire administrative employees of all skill levels ready to take on roles which include Administrative Assistants, Receptionists, File Clerks, Medical Transcriptionists, Financial Assistants, Executive Assistants, Special Event Assistants and General Office Clerks.
- Performs a variety of administrative work including: providing customer service and reception, word processing, filing, data entry, calendar management, meeting support (organizing catering, taking and distributing minutes, booking rooms, etc.), organizing mail outs, etc.
- Responsible for payroll (sorting and entering timesheets, database entry, etc.) and accounting duties (accounts payable and receivable, invoice generation and reconciliation, etc.)
- High School Diploma, supplemented by administrative courses; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Previous diversified clerical/administrative experience including reception, data entry, and word/information processing
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft is an asset
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing circumstances and responsibilities
All applicants invited for an interview will be tested in Microsoft Word, Excel, typing speed and accuracy.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-07-09