OverviewUniversity Health Network Spiritual Care Professional Part Time in Toronto, ON
University Health Network
Branch Toronto ON CA
Spiritual Care Professional
Functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team and having various religious denominations, the primary responsibilities of the Spiritual Care…
Functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team and having various religious denominations, the primary responsibilities of the Spiritual Care Professional include: providing ministry, direct religious and spiritual care to patients, families/friends and staff at UHN, ensuring their spirituality and/or faith traditions are respected; performing other responsibilities to ensure continued success of Spiritual Care Services; participating in professional development/educational activities/programs to ensure excellence in the provision of Spiritual Care Services; performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- At minimum, the completion of a Master’s degree program
- Theological or spiritual degree at the Master’s level required
- Specialist certification with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
- Up to one (1) year of relevant experience
- Clinical experience required
- Registration/membership with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
- Effective organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable, legislative, UHN and /or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Excellent counseling/clinical skills and compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated competence in enabling effective team collaboration between colleagues, staff, volunteers and community resources
- Demonstrated competency in spiritual care work to the sick and to persons of diverse religious, educational and cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of research procedures, methods, techniques, statistical principles, measurement theories and data collection instruments
- Ability to relate theological/ spiritual and behavioural sciences to pastoral care ministry
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: January 22, 2015 CLOSING DATE: February 5, 2015
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24