OverviewUniversity Health Network Service Coordinator, Stroke Rehab Temporary in Toronto, ON
University Health Network
Branch Toronto ON CA
Service Coordinator, Stroke Rehab
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance…
In accordance with established standards, professional requirements and as an integral member of the multidisciplinary health care team the SERVICE COORDINATOR in the Stroke Rehab Service is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating activities related to inpatient and outpatient admission and discharge. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: coordinating/prioritizing services across the care continuum and between services; managing waiting lists; performing utilization review activities to facilitate and streamline patient admission, discharge and flow; communicating effectively with all stakeholders, ensuring excellent customer service; coordinating and chairing patient rounds; facilitating quality patient care that meets stroke best practice standards and stroke system outcome targets; coordinating and monitoring quality indicators related to admission and discharge planning; establishing and maintaining a systematic review and assessment of departmental capacity; participating in relevant research activities, projects, etc. as required; demonstrating a commitment to professional lifelong learning by participating in continuing education activities to meet the needs of the program; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- At minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a Health related discipline or recognized equivalent required
- Current valid Certificate of Practice from relevant Health related College (i.e., OT, PT, RN, SLP, SW, RT, RD etc.)
- At minimum, 4 years practical and related experience; minimum 2 years experience in a rehab patient care environment, both inpatient and outpatient
- Specialized experience in the field of Stroke Rehabilitation
- Knowledge of regional e-Stroke Referral system and application of FIM preferred
- Knowledge and experience in admission and discharge planning and case management
- Knowledge and experience using utilization management principles and length of stay management strategies
- Knowledge of quality improvement theory and practice
- Experience in leadership and project management preferred
- Experience in program development and implementation preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
POSTED DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17