OverviewUniversity Health Network Research Associate I Temporary in Toronto, ON
University Health Network
Branch Toronto ON CA
Research Associate I
Masters of Science degree, 2 years’ experience minimum. The Drug Development Program at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is the largest new drug development…
POSITION: The Drug Development Program at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is the largest new drug development program in Canada and the only centre outside of the United States to have a contract with the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Working under the direction of the Clinical Research Manager, the Research Associate 1 requires past experience in the coordination and administration of clinical studies (implements and coordinates all aspects of data collection and source documentation, identification of problems using assessment skills, execution study-related administrative tasks, such as collection of regulatory documents, mid-level data analysis, assessment of study-related literature; liaising with sponsors and external stakeholders), and builds on this experience to oversee and movement of clinical research projects forward from granting award to implementation within the Medical Oncology Gynecological Program.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the medical oncology gynecology clinical research team. This position will utilize this knowledge of clinical trials management to lead moderate to complex projects requiring special knowledge in the clinical research within the medical oncology gynecology research program. The incumbent will be responsible for planning, developing and coordination of all aspects multiple projects including monitoring the deliverables and must work both independently and in a team environment. The role is responsible for initiating all aspects required to get projects off the ground post award, this includes but in not limited to obtaining quotes from vendors when applicable, sorting out start up logistics, identifying and inviting sites to collaborate, initiating contractual agreements between the Sponsor Investigator and Pharma; acts as main liaison with investigator sites during prestudy start-up, internal departments (grants and contracts), steering committee, Clinical Research Organization (CRO’s). Ability to be proactive in identification/resolution of study related issues (troubleshooting with site personnel, CRO’s, Pharma).
• Masters of Science degree, 2 years’ experience minimum
• Bachelor’s degree in health related field, 5 years’ experience in clinical research
• Appropriate clinical research knowledge and skills
• Experience in a research laboratory, preferred
• Experience in writing and editing of scientific documents (research proposals, manuscripts, etc), required
• Knowledge of government funding agencies and requirements desirable
• Well-developed leadership skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and customer relations
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving abilities
• Excellent listening, conflict resolution skills
• Previous experience interacting with Sponsors is an asset
• Recognized certification in clinical research (ACRP or SOCRA) asset
• Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies and procedures
• Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
POSTED DATE: January 22, 2015 CLOSING DATE: February 5, 2015
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24