OverviewUniversity Health Network Physiotherapist, Upper Extremity Rehabilitation Temporary in Toronto, ON
University Health Network
Branch Toronto ON CA
Physiotherapist, Upper Extremity Rehabilitation
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance…
As an integral member of the Rocket Family Upper Extremity Clinic, the Physiotherapist (PT) utilizes best practice to provide assessment, intervention, consultation and education services for patients with upper extremity impairments. The PT collaborates with team members in an inter-professional environment providing patient focused care; communicates effectively with patients, families, colleagues, external stakeholders and third party payors; produces concise reports for insurers; prepares therapy quotes and completes insurance forms as required; completes workload statistics and other data entry to assist with business functions; collaborates with researchers and participates in clinical research; develops and provides clinical education; participates in continuous quality improvement and professional, program and hospital development, as appropriate; and supervises students for clinical education as appropriate.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Physical Therapy required
- Member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Membership with Professional Association (i.e., CPA) is preferred.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (C Level) Heart Saver Plus Canada (on employment)
- 4 years clinical experience required
- Experience in stroke and acquired brain injury rehabilitation required
- Experience in spinal cord injury rehabilitation preferred
- Experience in providing electrical stimulation intervention preferred
- Experience in providing CIMT preferred
- Strong Customer service focus with excellent written, oral and nonverbal communication skills
- Third Party report writing experience is an asset.
- Demonstrates competence with departmental and hospital safety, emergency and infection control procedures
- Ability to exercise sound clinical judgment and to function in an independent, self-directed manner
- Computer proficiency required with MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good attendance is required
- Must be proficient in English
- Travelling between sites and off-site locations may be required.
POSTED DATE: February 10, 2017 CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11