OverviewUniversity Health Network Nutrition Porter, Warewashing Full Time in Toronto, ON
University Health Network
Branch Toronto ON CA
Nutrition Porter, Warewashing
Food Service Worker Certificate preferred. At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent….
As a member of the Nutrition Services Department, the principal responsibilities of the NUTRITION PORTER, WAREWASHING include: Performing teardown (stripping) of patient trays before cleaning, performing cleaning and washing activities; performing garbage collection activity; delivering patient food carts/items to designated locations, as required; performing cross-functional duties as assigned and/or required; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum, completion of high school or recognized equivalent
- Food Handler’s course an asset
- Food Service Worker Certificate preferred
- Food Handler’s Certificate preferred
- Less than 3 months practical and related experience and/or less than 1 month on the job training
- Must be able to understand verbal work orders and instructions
- Sufficient language fluency in order to read and write English
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation procedures
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the job including; able to lift up to 40 lbs repetitively throughout shift, to push/pull 20-40 lb carts, able to work in hot, noisy and wet assembly/stripping beltline area; must have flexibility of motion and good hand-eye coordination; able to bend, reach, stoop, twist and stand for entire shifts, Must be able to maintain the workflow/speed of the stripping line
- Will be required to work rotating shifts
- May be required to work in a cold environment; i.e. refrigerator (up to 14 degrees)
- May be required to work at multiple areas as well as rotating shifts in emergency situations
POSTED DATE: January 20, 2015 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24