OverviewUniversity Health Network Employee Wellness Manager Full Time in Toronto, ON
University Health Network
Branch Toronto ON CA
Employee Wellness Manager
Each of our facilities – Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute– makes a…
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Employee Wellness Manager.
With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a vision of achieving global impact through exemplary patient care, research and education, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together some of the world’s top medical, research and clinical specialists. The University Health Network, frequently ranked among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, represents the coming together of shared values and diverse expertise in patient care, research and education. Each of our facilities – Toronto General Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute– makes a unique contribution to the whole. Together, we create something far greater than the sum of our parts.
UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
We want to create an environment that allows our employees to be safe and health in the workplace, to help foster a lifestyle where daily stress is minimized, and where employees can improve their ability to manage work and life balance, which having a rewarding and challenging career.
Reporting to the Director of Organization and Employee Development, the Wellness Manager will focus on coordinating, leading and building on what already exists in this area. This hands-on position is responsible for Wellness across all sites. Your small but powerful team of staff and students will be accountable for program development, implementation, metrics and analysis demonstrating program impact, and engagement.
- 5-7 years of experience designing and launching wellness or health promotion programs, preferably in a corporate setting.
- A minimum of a University Degree; studies related to the field of health, fitness or wellness is required. Certification in Wellness is a definite asset.
- Proven success in planning and launching creative and innovative solutions for managing personal health.
- Collaborative skills to identify opportunities with clients and partners
- Demonstrated program communication, influencing, skills to engage users
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating results orientation, collaboration, flexibility, and adaptability
- Experience supervising staff and developing teams to meet objectives
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to create internal marketing and communication materials for Wellness programmes
- Experience managing budgets and vendors
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter, complete screening questions.
POSTED DATE: January 16, 2015 CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2014
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25