OverviewUniversity Health Network Clinical Data Coordinator – DDP Temporary in Toronto, ON
University Health Network
Branch Toronto ON CA
Clinical Data Coordinator – DDP
Data is assessed, compiled, recorded and submitted to cooperative groups and/or pharmaceutical companies or used for internal PM studies….
Hours: 35 hours per week Shifts: 9:00-5:00; Monday to Friday
The Drug Development Program at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is the largest drug development program in Canada and the only centre outside of the United States to have a contract with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for Early Phase Therapeutic studies. The Drug Development Program includes a Phase I program, focusing on studies of innovative drugs and immunotherapy, with a strong emphasis on pharmacokinetics and correlative studies. It involves a collaborative and multidisciplinary approach and is strategically designed to ensure the rapid completion of high quality studies.
The Clinical Data Coordinator participates in the coordination of clinical trials from protocol review and approval through to activation, follow up and trial closure. Principal responsibilities include monitoring and promoting the quality and integrity of data and recording clinical trial data in case report forms (CRF’s). The coordination and monitoring of data is performed in accordance with the trial protocol, hospital and departmental guidelines and professional standards of practice. Data is assessed, compiled, recorded and submitted to cooperative groups and/or pharmaceutical companies or used for internal PM studies. All data must be complete, accurate, timely and must be in compliance with applicable ICH-GCP, FDA and US federal code and Tri-Council regulations. The Clinical Data Coordinator must be able to interpret the applicable regulations in order to ensure compliance. Quality assurance procedures are utilized to ensure high quality data is obtained.
• At minimum, a completion of a Bachelor’s degree program, or recognized equivalent in Health or Science Related Discipline
• At least two (2) year experience in some or all of Oncology, Clinical trials, medical terminology, regulatory issues involving human subjects
• Demonstrated relevant clinical research knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organization, prioritization skills, good computer skills, ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail
• Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
• Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks
• Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
• Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
• Satisfactory attendance
• Certification as a Clinical Research Professional, preferred
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: July 7, 2016 CLOSING DATE: August 4, 2016
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-07-09