OverviewUnited Cycle PT Permanent General Accountant Part Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
PT Permanent General Accountant
A CA designation is an asset. You are a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills….
PT Permanent General Accountant:
We are currently seeking a Part Time Career Accountant to join our Team. This role will be a key member of the Accounting team and will focus on full cycle accounting. The primary responsibility will be the preparation and vetting of timely and accurate monthly financial statements and working papers. This role will require you to wear many different accounting hats which may include bank reconciliations, AP, AR, cash flow, cash management, helping with year-end file preparation and other related duties and projects. It will also involve some related financial and operational report development with lots of room to grow and learn. We are looking for someone who would like to work approx. 28-30 hours a week over four days and is looking for a permanent part-time position.
Who YOU are:
You are a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills. You have exceptional accounting skills,
understand the importance of getting the job done, but you also know how to have fun. You appreciate the value of being part of a dynamic, motivated team that works together to provide our internal customers with fantastic support.
In addition you possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent education. A CA designation is an asset.
- 4-5 years of full-cycle accounting experience required,
- Work experience in a retail environment a definite asset
- Previous experience working with ERP systems. (Our system is Microsoft NAVision and LS Retail)
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Demonstrated hands-on report writing experience is a definite asset (such as Jet Reports)
- A proven track record in meeting deadlines, and working collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills that make you a solution finder
- Always looking for ways to improve processes and streamline steps.
- A desire for accuracy in your work through vetting and reviewing.
- The desire to work in family owned company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to provide legendary customer service to our internal customers
Who WE are:
United Cycle is one of the largest independent sporting goods store in Western Canada. Since our beginnings in 1928, we have been family owned and operated, and we have been involved and impactful in our local sporting community. We are passionate, united and strive for excellence in everything we do!
Working at United Cycle isn’t just a “job”—it’s a place where you can mesh your livelihood and passion and play every day as a team. It’s a place where you can talk sports, and help create an amazing experience for fellow athletes and active people.
We are always looking for extraordinary people to continue our growth and success, join us and become a part of our inclusive culture.
Why you want US, what WE offer:
- Competitive wages and a dangerous staff purchase program
- You get to work in an exciting entrepreneurial business with a unique culture of its own.
- Opportunity for personal and professional development
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11