Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-07-27
Union Tractor Ltd. Senior Buyer Full Time in Nisku, AB
Union Tractor Ltd.
Branch Nisku AB CA
Tender and manage corporate service and supply agreements when assigned by the Supply Chain Manager. Follow proper procedures within the purchasing department…
Position: Senior Buyer
Reports to: VP Product Development
Duties and responsibilities:
- Follow proper procedures within the purchasing department for the issuance of purchase orders, costs for quotations and return to vendors.
- Optimize customer service levels at both corporate and branch levels by ensuring appropriate inventory levels are stocked at all locations.
- Responsible for buying and inventory management of assigned product lines including long lead import items.
- Supervise two other Buyers
- Under the guidance of the Purchasing Manager work closely with the sales department to ensure appropriate stock levels based on historic demand, sales forecasts and lead times.
- In conjunction with the sales/parts departments and the Purchasing Manager develop and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Ensure we are purchasing at competitive cost and using most efficient and economical method of transportation for incoming goods.
- Negotiate manufacturer discounts and special costs as required.
- Monitor and manage vendor price increases, exchange and cost components
- Manage and reduce inventory obsolescence.
- Maximize inventory turns on each product line.
- Set branch inventory levels in conjunction with corporate fill rate and inventory turn targets
- Tender and manage corporate service and supply agreements when assigned by the Supply Chain Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Supervisory: 2 years
- Purchasing: 5 years