OverviewUnilever LINE OPERATORS- SUMMER STUDENT Temporary in Bramalea, ON
Branch Bramalea ON CA
LINE OPERATORS- SUMMER STUDENT
Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the…
LINE OPERATORS- SUMMER STUDENT
Works under the direction of the shift supervisor for the Production Department. Performs all duties required to ensure the safe, efficient running of the Knorr Room to produce quality product in a cost-effective manner – including operating Bartelt packagers, Sig, Jones, and associated casepackers. Inspects pouches and displays and reclaims rejected pouches.
– Training to be provided in-house
– Operates Bartelt, Sig , Jones machine(s) including peripheral fillers, (may operate two machines simultaneously) keeping watch for any malfunctions.
– Is responsible for maintaining quality and quantity of pouches as set by Quality Assurance and by Packaging Production Standards.
– Performs SPC functions (weight/quality checks) every 15 minutes or hour depending on the line to ensure ingredient fills are maintained within standards.
– Checks ingredient and total pouch weights and adjusts the controls as required to ensure adherence to standards
– Clear jams on machine as required.
– Performs certain mechanical adjustments for on Packaging lines.
– Retrieve packaging material from forward pick area within the room and loads onto machine.
– Orders packaging material in a timely manner
– Uses computer to retrieve changeover information and settings.
– Reports machine malfunction (mechanical/electrical) to mechanic, electrician or supervisor.
– Supplies machine with packaging material as required
– Ensures gluepots on Nordson gluers are filled as required.
– Performs mechanical changeover of Paal, removing, replacing parts, then adjusting as per predetermined equipment settings.
– Set-up checkweigher on changeover and operate while production is running.
– Replace Teflon as required.
– Hand palletize as required.
– Inspects cases for damage and ensures correct information from ink jet systems.
– Performs roll change on tape machine as required.
– Maintains fluid levels on Videojet print system and change bottles as required.
– Maintains fluid levels on Marsh printing system and clean head when required.
– Rips substandard pouches online and operates rework separators.
– Labels rework drums and send upstairs for stockpeople to dump.
– Maintains high level of personal hygiene and keeps work area in a clean and sanitary condition in compliance with GMP standards. Rotates between all different functions on area basis and as required to ensure smooth operation of room.
– Ensures that all machine safety guards are in place and operational.
– Ensures compliance to all plant safety rules.
– Participates in all TPM training and applies this knowledge to their daily job duties and responsibilities.
– Updates all related Line KPI information and graphs as required.
– Responsible for complying with existing company SHEQ Standards and requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Environmental Protection Act, The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Technical Standards and Services Act.
The above statements outlined principal and routine duties considered necessary to describe the job for the purpose of evaluation and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24