OverviewUltra Electronics Sales and Marketing Manager/Director Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Sales and Marketing Manager/Director
Degree qualified – Engineering or Technical Degree (distinct advantage) or equivalent competency and experience, MBA an advantage but not essential;…
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and particularly welcome applications from Women, Aboriginal Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
About Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems:
Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems Inc. has earned its reputation as an international leader in the development of equipment and systems for undersea surveillance and anti-submarine warfare (ASW). Established in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada in 1947, Maritime Systems delivers sophisticated sonar systems to navies around the world including Multi-static Active Passive Sonar for the Dutch Navy, an Integrated Sonar Suite for the Royal Australian Navy, and the UK Surface Ship Torpedo Defence System for the Royal Navy. Maritime Systems provides unique engineering, development, manufacturing, test, evaluation, and management capabilities to develop and deliver advanced electronic, electromechanical, and underwater sensor systems. For more information on Ultra Electronics, please visit www.ultra-ms.com .
We are now looking for a results driven Sales and Marketing Manager/Director to work as a key member of the sales and marketing team.
What are the responsibilities?
- Owns and drives the business winning activity including prospecting, opportunity qualification, and proposal/bid preparation to meet Company order intake, sales, and profit objectives;
- Ensure key customer relationships are effectively managed to achieve business objectives;
- Provides strategic customer-focused input to the Research and Development team, ensuring technology and product development meets the market (customer) requirements;
- Gather and collate market and customer intelligence within our business funnel tool and translate to game plans that identify opportunities and delineate robust strategies to position Maritime Systems’ technology and products for success;
- Identify and cement relationships with partners to create the ‘winning’ team as appropriate;
- Major contributor to portions of the Maritime Systems’ annual Strategic Plan;
- Major contributor to the annual trade shows/symposiums plan with a view to meeting business objectives and providing value for money;
- Major contributor to company branding and image including generation and review of briefs, website, product literature, videos, publicity, press releases, and advertising;
- Marketing and Sales support to other business functions at Maritime Systems as required;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Job Requirements What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified – Engineering or Technical Degree (distinct advantage) or equivalent competency and experience, MBA an advantage but not essential;
- Proven track record of managing successful marketing campaigns for complex systems to government or large prime contractors;
- Military experience is highly desirable with service in the Canadian military a distinct advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop effective relationships with partners and suppliers;
- Ability to understand, communicate and market technology and product offerings;
- Track record of managing successful technical bids or down-selecting technology and vendors (as a customer);
- Excellent technical report/proposal writing;
- Ability to travel frequently and at short notice within Canada, US and overseas.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace;
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening and has the patience to hear people out;
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to meet goals successfully, very bottom-line oriented, consistently pushes for results;
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect;
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish, seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks;
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing;
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future orientated; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans;
- Political Savvy: Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates where the land mines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views corporate politics as a necessary part of organizational life and works to adjust to that reality; is a maze-bright person;
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working;
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
What’s in it for you?
Our working environment is fast-paced, results oriented and suited to those who thrive on change.
Our projects are diverse, technically challenging and innovative.
Our people are intelligent, creative and great to work with.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including 100% employer paid dental and health care premiums, life insurance, 5% matched RRSP, vacation trading, an EFAP, maternity/paternity top-up and flexible working hours.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback, goal alignment and employee development through our Employee Performance Development Plan (EPDP) and offer employee education assistance to allow our people to acquire new qualifications and certifications.
To learn more, please visit us at http://www.ultra-ms.com/
To Apply E-mail: [Click Here To Join]
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement and outcome communication
The successful person must be able to gain the appropriate Canadian government security clearance and satisfy all requirements to be able to work on Canadian Controlled Goods projects.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-30