OverviewUFA Warehouse Quality Assurance Analyst Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Warehouse Quality Assurance Analyst
To measure agreed upon quality standards. The Warehouse Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible to measure the quality of the Distribution Centre’s performance…
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA’s network comprises more than 113 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 1,200 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and in the U.S. as well.
UFA also owns and operates an outdoor outfitter business called Wholesale Sports. With 12 locations and more than 600 employees, Wholesale Sports is the largest multi-channel retailer in Western Canada dedicated to the outdoor industry.
Located in the Edmonton Distribution Centre and reporting to the Manager, Distribution Centre; the Warehouse Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible to measure the quality of the Distribution Centre’s performance, analyze operational and financial data, design functional reports to present relevant data to key stakeholders, and maintain all key performance indicators for all distribution centre functions. Using relevant data, operational observations, and quality assurance audits, this position identifies, recommends, and helps to implement strategies to improve customer service and increase efficiency. The incumbent will also be assigned to special projects as identified by the Manager, Distribution Centre.
- Responsible for compiling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems and developing recommendations to improve distribution centre efficiencies.
- Report on and monitor the audits of key performance indicators for all distribution centre functions and provide support to DC leaders in achieving operational and financial targets.
- Audit distribution centre activities (shipping, receiving, put away, replenishment, inventory control, administration, etc.) to measure agreed upon quality standards.
- Research trends, root causes, and problems resulting in solutions to improve quality and/or efficiency using creativity and innovative practices.
- Provide guidance to DC leadership with budgeting by providing reports, analysis and making recommendations as required.
- Develop, interpret and make recommendations of external factors such as the competitive, environmental, economic, and sociological impacts that attribute to the success of the distribution centre.
- Responsible to remain current with industry leading supply chain practices and seek opportunities to implement process improvements based on best practice.
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting and other duties as assigned by the Manager, Distribution Centre.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma, preferably in Operations Management, Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or Statistical Analysis is required.
- Completion of procurement or supply chain management courses or working towards a professional supply chain designation (PMAC, CPP, SCMP, CCLP, PLOG, etc.) is an asset.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience combined operationally and analytically in a distribution centre environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Agricultural background is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP, Business Intelligence, and reporting tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office (specifically Excel and Access).
- Effective interpersonal, facilitation and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Self-starter and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and quote job #HR16-172 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR16-172, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
How to Apply
[email protected] (Attention: Work )
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05