OverviewUFA Customer Account Manager 1 – Lethbridge Full Time in Lethbridge, AB
Branch Lethbridge AB CA
Customer Account Manager 1 – Lethbridge
Promote UFA by participating in store and community related events as directed by store management. Maintain customer and farm profile data to support their in…
UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA’s network comprises more than 113 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 1,200 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and in the U.S. as well.
UFA also owns and operates an outdoor outfitter business called Wholesale Sports. With 12 locations and more than 600 employees, Wholesale Sports is the largest multi-channel retailer in Western Canada dedicated to the outdoor industry.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Customer Account Manager 1 purpose is to sell AgriBusiness Farm and Ranch products to customers in their store and generate revenue for their trade area. As a Customer Account Manager 1 you will understand the core products and services UFA offers to our customers and can communicate their value to customers. You will identify the customers’ preferred method of conducting business and work with them to gain an understanding of their business needs. You will create a positive sales and service experience for customers, resulting in an increase in customer satisfaction, sales and market share.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships, by understanding customers farm/ranch operations and needs.
- Maintain customer and farm profile data to support their in store sales and customer selling processes.
- Develop and implement an Annual Customer Plan (minimum of 25 customers), using the selling processes and tools (AgriData Solutions).
- Generate, manage and fulfill sale leads as a result of interacting with customers.
- Promptly respond to customer issues either directly or by engaging appropriate staff to the satisfaction of the customer and UFA.
- Understand the core AgriBusiness Farm and Ranch product line to prescribe the appropriate solutions to meet customer’s needs. Continue to develop knowledge on the full scope of UFA product offerings.
- Proactively increase your knowledge of the agriculture industry, agronomy, grain, and products and services that UFA offers in order to continuously improve the value you can bring to our customers; attend, community events, and prepare for the opportunity to be promoted to a Customer Account Manager 2.
- Promote UFA by participating in store and community related events as directed by store management.
- Under the guidance of the Store Manager, develop, update, and communicate customer based sales plans that meet individual sales and margin objectives.
- Support administrative and operations staff from time to time to ensure that their farm store provides superior customer service.
- Grade 12 high-school diploma or equivalent (GED) with plans to pursue a post-secondary education or training in Business, Sales or Agriculture.
- Minimum 1 year of previous customer service experience.
- Valid Class 5 license, as travel might be required to deliver on sales/service calls.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and ADS.
- Previous sales experience in crop and livestock production would be an asset.
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Baseline understanding of the agriculture market and business.
- A strong commitment to customer and a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Agricultural background an asset.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and quote job #HR17-019 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please complete an ‘Application for In-house Position’ and forward along with your resume and cover letter to ‘Work’ quoting HR17-019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
How to Apply
Click here to apply by email
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lethbridge, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24