OverviewUFA Advisor, Governance & Co-operative Relations Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Advisor, Governance & Co-operative Relations
Works in conjunction with the community investment field representative to co-ordinate elected official representation at community investment events….
As a co-operative, UFA has a democratic structure that consists of members/owners, directors and delegates. The Governance Relations, Advisor position is responsible for governance support specific to delegates and provide a supporting or strategic role in respect to member/connection and engagement.
The role is a senior position with UFA operation experience, cooperative background and established relationships with key stakeholders. This position is focused on supporting the delegates and their role including, stakeholder relations, delegate intel, training & development, recruitment, delegate engagement, delegate workshop co-ordination, Delegate Representation Support and member engagement.
- Strengthening stakeholder relationships by developing programs that enhance and provide governance support
- Foster/ nurture relationships internally between Petroleum and Agribusiness and externally with elected officials
- Co-ordinate delegate recruitment and oversee the creation, distribution and processing of delegate elections packages as approved by the Nominating Committee.
- Responsible for promoting the co-operative and connecting and engaging with members to better serve their business needs.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely information from members that may require or benefit from action (Field Intel, specific to competitive information, customer/member satisfaction).
- Participate in field events, trade shows and business activity’s solely exclusive to elected officials as required.
- Provide recommendations to enhance processes and programs. Conduct research and present proposals for approval as requested.
- Effectively escalate customer, member-owner and other concerns through appropriate channels with recommended solutions.
- Create and Manage the delegate budget of approx. $1.5m annually.
- Co-ordinate and execute annual delegate workshop, delegate orientation, new delegate management meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Create, execute and evaluate annual Member Connection events and or programs
- Act as a resource for the Delegate Representation Committee (DRC)
- Identifies and co-ordinates governance development and training for delegates in conjunction with the Delegate Representation Committee
- Annually reviews and updates the delegate manual as directed by the DRC
- Creates and annual new delegate orientation, including presentation, training and ensures that new delegates have the required materials including delegate visitation manuals, complete delegate manuals and other materials
- Tracks and reports on delegate performance and accountability
- Co-ordinates delegate service and retirement award programs in conjunction with the CCR admin assistant
- Co-ordinates communication to delegates
- Ensure the governance section of the UFA website is updated regularly and in a timely manner
- Review delegate expense claims and prepares them for approval according to delegate compensation policy: investigates and responds to all queries’ from delegates regarding expenses
- Plan and execute 2 annual delegate meetings within their respective regions
- Works in conjunction with the community investment field representative to co-ordinate elected official representation at community investment events.
- Proactively identify opportunities to connect and engage with our membership
- Key liaison between Senior Management, the general membership and elected officials to provide feedback and information to senior leaders
- Through education, dialogue and effective two-way communication, enable delegates to support programs and strategies of senior management and the board
- Identify opportunities to promote and provide co-operatives education
- Accountable to build and establish, support, educate, train and develop relationships with elected officials
- Demonstrate UFA values of performance, accountability, progressive thinking, respect, integrity, collaboration and agility.
- Enable delegates to understand and endorse UFA’s strategies through effective two-way communication.
- Effectively raise member issues and opportunities so they can be addressed or actioned in support of the business objectives.
- Degree or diploma in communications, public relations or 5 years equivalent experience.
- Cooperative/ Agriculture background an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent organization skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to proactively identify opportunities specific to the position.
- Results orientated; ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Demonstrates professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license (must be willing to travel).
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and quote job #HR15-256 in the subject line
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position , quote job HR15-256, and forward to “WORK”
Position is eligible for the Employee Referral Program and will remain open until it is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
How to Apply
Click here to apply by email
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18