OverviewTVO Support Desk Analyst Contract in Greater Toronto Area, ON
Branch Greater Toronto Area ON CA
Support Desk Analyst
Greater Toronto Area, ON
TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award…
May 18, 2016
Support Desk Analyst
$43,862.00 – $53,489.80
Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning. TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org .
The Support Desk Analyst position is available for a twelve month contract located midtown Toronto. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing first and second level computer support and triaging.
Key Responsibilities :
- The candidate will be responsible for providing support to end user customers by managing and resolving IT incidents (break/fix)
- Troubleshooting desktop equipment, software and peripherals, and enterprise applications
- Equipment includes zero clients, desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, mobile devices
- Providing support in person, via telephone, or remotely
- Updating Incidents and Service Request tickets, escalating tickets as required
- Moves, adds, changes
- Post-secondary education required, preferably in IT, business or other technical fields
- One to three years’ experience supporting end users in an corporate environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX-DT) A+, N+, ITIL, or Certified Help Desk Professional preferred
- Hands-On experience with Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 and other business applications and tools
- Proficiency in hardware configuration, upgrade, troubleshooting, and repair (desktops, laptops, and peripherals)
- Experience with Desktop Virtualization (VMware)
- Hands-On experience with Android, Blackberry, and Apple devices
- Basic knowledge of networking, cabling, LAN technologies, NICs in order to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Knowledge of network and multi-function printers
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume by the closing date stated.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the Talent and Engagement office. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19