OverviewTVO Marketing Associate Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Key Responsibilities Supports the Manager, Marketing, Development & Activation in the development of marketing KPI’s and critical evaluation of strategic…
January 20, 2017
Marketing, Strategy and Communications
Manager, Marketing, Development & Activation
$53,671.80 – $66,011.40
Group 9, Series 200
Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning. TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom.
TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org .
Are you a passionate and knowledgeable marketer? Do you thrive in environments of constant change? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team and cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders? Can you draft a cross-channel marketing plan and write a mean brief to incite strong creative that delivers results? Can you inspire, critically review, and guide internal and external creative and media teams? Do you understand how search, digital marketing, CRM/email marketing, broadcast and print can work together to build a brand and a product? Are you comfortable using marketing analytics and insights to drive actionable and tactical marketing improvements and A/B testing? If so, we’d love to have a conversation.
Our marketing team is currently hiring dynamic and collaborative marketing associates who are forward thinking and passionate about building brands and products. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing, Development & Activation, and responsible for activating marketing plans for a portfolio of TVO products and services related to our broadcast, digital education, and/or philanthropic offering.
- Supports the Manager, Marketing, Development & Activation in the development of marketing KPI’s and critical evaluation of strategic marketing and media plans to deliver against these KPI’s
- Initiates and drafts creative and media briefs that accurately capture the strategic and message intent of marketing projects, as well as the required execution details to enable efficient delivery of strong creative concepts and media campaigns
- Inspires, critically reviews, and guides internal and external agency creative resources to deliver on-brand marketing concepts that deliver against brief and strengthen the TVO brand and its portfolio of products
- Works with our media agency to ensure delivery of promotional assets and planned campaigns
- Coordinates and project manages the activation of digital and traditional marketing plans to deliver desired results on time and on budget with stakeholder buy-in. Tactics will include:
- SEM and SEO
- Email marketing and CRM (marketing messages, design and deployment)
- Online content and advertising
- Television advertising
- Direct mail
- Print and out of home advertising
- Testimonial and support videos
- Sales support materials
- Marketing support of PR, social, and event tactics
- Partners with the data and analytics team to develop tracking and analytics reports that lead to stronger stakeholder understanding of marketing program results/lead generation efforts and actionable improvements to ongoing marketing programs including SEM/SEO
- Ensures consistency and integrity of logo use and brand/product messaging in all marketing materials
- Processes and tracks invoices, and provides quarterly budget updates
- Develops and coordinates budgets to ensure proper set-up and reconciliation
- Manages agency and creative status updates
- Supports the marketing team in other duties as required
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Business with a Marketing major preferred
- 5+ years of relevant brand and/or product marketing experience
- Proven ability to draft omni-channel marketing plans that deliver against organization, brand and product objectives
- Extensive experience in crafting marketing and media briefs that communicate strategic context and messaging objectives, as well as execution details needed to guide campaigns and projects
- Proven ability to critically review and positively guide internal and external creative and media teams to deliver strong results that deliver against brief
- Experience in managing, tracking, and evolving SEM, SEO, email campaigns and CRM efforts, including recommendation and implementation of A/B testing
- Proven experience working with marketing analytics and post-campaign results, and developing and implementing subsequent recommendations and tactical evolutions
- Extensive experience in marketing project coordination in a matrixed organization – and in delivering projects efficiently and effectively, on time and on budget
- Knowledge of design, production processes and requirements for search, web, email broadcast and print marketing tactics
- A roll-up your sleeves, results driven, can-do attitude
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and provide actionable results to solve organizational needs
- A strong communicator and relationship builder– with experience in in developing productive cross-functional relationships
- Strong consensus building skills and experience in leading through influence
- Excels in an environment of constant change
- Expert working knowledge for the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience in:
- Content marketing
- RFP and/or RFQ processes for obtaining quotes and business partnerships
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at www.tvo.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the Talent and Engagement office. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23