OverviewTurtle Mountain Resort Cook – Seasonal Part Time in Metigoshe, MB
Turtle Mountain Resort
Branch Metigoshe MB CA
Cook – Seasonal
Experience from a Culinary Arts Program or other Cooking experience. As a member of our Kitchen Team your main objective is to work the whole line of the…
As a member of our Kitchen Team your main objective is to work the whole line of the kitchen, prepare and present menu items as set out by the Chef ensuring quality, safety, hygiene, and cleanliness in all aspects of your work.
• Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, stocking coolers)
• Ensure the proper use of scales and measurements in all recipes, portioning, and food production.
• Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food.
• Follow any and all recipes as they apply to any food products that you prepare, as determined by the Chef.
• Cook menu items to the satisfaction of Chef and customers
• Maintain Kitchen Records (e.g. inventory sheets, waste sheets, cleaning sheets)
• Ensure proper cleaning of equipment is conducted based on the maintenance schedule
Successful candidates will have:
• Experience from a Culinary Arts Program or other Cooking experience
• Smart Choices Certificate
• Food Handler Certificate
• Good Customer Service Skills
• Prior experience in a kitchen as a dishwasher or other culinary role considered a strong asset
• Available to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays are required
• Candidates must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position
What you will need to demonstrate:
• Basic knife skills
• An understanding of restaurant operation
• Safe food handling and sanitation standards and procedures
• The ability to manage multiple priorities while attending to details and maintaining a safe and professional work environment
• Effective communication, interpersonal and customer service skills for maintaining respectful working relationships with fellow employees, suppliers and for providing extraordinary experiences to our customers.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to [email protected] by Monday March 26, 2018
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that we are flexible on our start date and would consider part time leading to full time for the right candidate. Successful applicant must be 18+
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Metigoshe, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-03-15