OverviewTurner Construction Company VDC/Scheduling Engineer Full Time in Toronto, ON
Turner Construction Company
Branch Toronto ON CA
Th e VD C Enginee r i s th e indivi d u a l o n th e pr o ject respo n sibl e fo r buildin g t h e overal l projec t “dig i t all y fi r s t .”….
Reports to: VDC Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Manager or Project Executive
Additionally has “dotted Line” relationship for coordination and support with: VDC Project Manager or VDC Manager.
Th e VD C Enginee r wil l m anage , ev a l u a t e an d assess mode l -based i n f o rmation f r om desig n te a m , t r ad e s u bcon t ractors , an d o t h e r s necess a r y t o co n s t r uc t th e projec t as specifie d b y th e con t rac t document s . Has supe r visory r e spo n sibility f o r VDC C oordinat o r s , a n d Int e rns . Th e VD C Enginee r i s th e indivi d u a l o n th e pr o ject respo n sibl e fo r buildin g t h e overal l projec t “dig i t all y fi r s t .”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Overseeing and making decisions related to BIM model information.
· Resolving issues related to plans and specifications, especially as it relates to the organization, use, management, and BIM model [updation], by interacting with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other Turner job staff and owner’s representatives.
· Managing coordination models and model-based submittals and shop drawings. Assessing conformance to contract specifications. Resolving any conflicts in interpretation.
· Scheduling and managing subcontractor 3d virtual trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
· Overseeing the BIM related close-out process. Preparing final records such as as-built models which may include connections to project data such as operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and as-built documentation. Producing the turnover model file with associated documents for the Owner if required for the project.
· Supervising VDC Coordinators, and VDC Interns, including providing input on performance appraisals.
· Preparing scope of work documents for trades producing and using BIM models.
· Developing reports including reports/assessments on coordination meeting records, constraint logs, etc.
· Prepares and maintains schedules, develops and reviews project baselines, monitors and tracks progress.
· Supports the project(s) in all other aspects of scheduling analysis and special studies.
· Supports Business Development and Marketing activities as they relate to proposed project scheduling.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’ s degre e plu s a m inimu m o f fo u r yea rs’ r e l a ted ex p e ri en ce or a n e qui va l e n t combinatio n o f education , trainin g and/ o r experie n ce . Prove n w r itte n an d v erbal communic a tio n abiliti e s ; p r oficienc y wit h compute r a pplication s , includ i n g Mic r oso f t Offic e suite . Utili z e s leadi n g – edg e technologi e s suc h a s B IM an d Lean . Abilit y t o r ead, under s tan d an d i nterpre t c o ntrac t doc u men t s , drawin g s , specific a tio n s , scopes of w ork an d projec t schedule . Demonstrate d lead ersh i p and interpe r s onal skil l s . S h ould specific a ll y b e proficien t wi th B I M based comp u ter applications such as Navis w or k s Mana g e , Tr i mble Sk e tchUp, and Autodesk Revit.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physica l Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
W ork Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please send a covering letter and resume directly to [email protected] .
Please quote “VDC/Scheduling Engineer – Toronto” in the subject line of the email.
*Please note, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19