OverviewTundra Technical Substation Standards Engineer Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Substation Standards Engineer
Provide technical support to other engineers and technical staff regarding substation engineering design standards….
Our client is one of the largest electricity providers in Western Canada. They have a long and successful history designing, building and maintaining Electrical Transmission and Distribution systems.
They are presently looking for a Substation Engineer for their Calgary Location.
Our client is in need of a contract substation engineer for about 1 year to assist in developing the company’s substation standards.
- Prepare new and update existing detailed engineering design standards for substations at operating voltages up to and including 240kV
- Prepare detailed written guidelines and supporting documents which relate to substation engineering design standards
- Provide technical support to other engineers and technical staff regarding substation engineering design standards
- Liaise with and support various in house groups including Asset Management, Transmission Planning, Protection & Control, Engineering Services, Drafting, Supply Chain, and Field Services with respect to substation engineering design standards
- Create estimating units
- Other tasks as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Licensed and registered with APEGA
- Has or eligible for P.Eng. designation in Alberta
- Minimum 7 years of high voltage utility / substation experience
- Physical layout, P&C, Auxiliary (AC & DC) systems, Cabling, Grounding & Bonding, etc.
- Familiarity with industry standards (CSA, NEC, IEEE, ANSI, etc.) and local code
Tundra Technical Solutions would like to thank you for the interest you have demonstrated in this opportunity. However, only candidates with the required skills will be contacted.
Tundra Technical Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace .
Not interested in this position, but know somebody who might be? Check out our Referral Reward Program, referrals are a big secret behind our success. As always, we’re on the lookout for great people. And we know that you know great people. Simply click on ‘Tell a Friend’ option to refer a friend.
Tundra Technical Solutions is among North America’s leading providers of Information Technology and Engineering staffing and consulting services. Our success and our clients’ success are built on a foundation of service excellence. Rather than continually trying to sell to new clients and companies and simply filling databases with candidates, we focus on developing stronger relationships and deeper knowledge of our existing clients’ challenges and opportunities.
Open ears. Open minds. Open futures
The Tundra team has over 60 years of experience, from a wide variety of disciplines – recruiting executives, business owners and technical consultants. Our combined experience ensures that your needs are covered from every possible direction.
substation engineer, engineering standards, substation standards, engineering design standards, P.Eng
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25