Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2017-01-23
Tundra Technical Solutions QA Engineer Contract in Calgary, AB
Tundra Technical Solutions
Branch Calgary AB CA
Own medium-sized quality engineering tasks; S/he contributes to quality engineering discussions. Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and…
Job Title: QA Engineer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Duration: 6 Months+
Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. S/he contributes to quality engineering discussions.
- Own medium-sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members
- Make technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process * Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
- Develop and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
- UI test automation skills are required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience in IT industry with expertise in product validation and test automation.
- Experience in test automation
- Demonstrated experience and ability to write Java code and/or shell scripts for the purposes of testing solution code (e.g., white-box testing).
- Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.) * Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira,, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts * Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices Personal Attributes:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Job Type: Contract
- Quality Assurance: 5 years