OverviewTrump International Hotels Security & Loss Prevention Officer Full Time in Toronto, ON
Trump International Hotels
Branch Toronto ON CA
Security & Loss Prevention Officer
Diligently monitor building video surveillance and access control systems. The Security Officer maintains and ensures the security and safety of all individuals…
The Security Officer maintains and ensures the security and safety of all individuals on Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto (TIHTT) property, as well as creates “an unparalleled guest experience.”
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor all activity in and around the property.
- Diligently monitor building video surveillance and access control systems.
- Gather all information and document significant events in the form of official incident reports.
- Conduct interior and exterior security patrols of all areas
- Conduct monthly inspections of various security operating systems.
- Proficient knowledge of capabilities and usage of all security operating systems such as CCTV, Access card base building systems, signing in/out visitors, trades and/or delivery personnel
- Knowledge and performance of security control administrative duties, such as, maintaining daily key, radio, and activity logs.
- Knowledge and proper application of communication/emergency codes and procedures.
- Support owners by acting as Residential Concierge and facilitate all requests including car service, laundry, vendor requests, etc.
- Chauffeur unit owners in residential vehicle as required.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Follow payroll and key sign out procedures.
- Respond properly to any hotel emergency or safety situation in a prompt and timely manner.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Offer any assistance possible to guests.
- Greet guest in a friendly and courteous manner during all interactions.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set out in the Associate Handbook and any other applicable policies.
- Attend all scheduled shifts including shift work and weekend work in accordance with the schedules.
- Attend monthly security operations meetings as required
- Must adhere to the appearance and grooming policy.
- Perform other duties/tasks and projects as assigned.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers while exercising patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal. Proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
- Enforce provisions of the trespass to property act, criminal code and provincial legislation
- Good working knowledge of trespass to property act, criminal code and provincial legislation
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, including overtime as required.
- Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures within work area and respond properly to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Ability to follow all standing operating procedures and company standards
- Ability to records events in memo book format on a regular and daily basis
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time, and to move quickly and with ease, to continuously perform essential job functions.
Education & Experience
- High School graduate required. College Diploma/Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred. Additional training, (e.g. military, law enforcement) and education is highly desirable.
- Experience with MS Office applications and Outlook required.
- Previous work experience should include working in a high-volume environment, as well as, customer-service oriented atmosphere.
- Hospitality experience is preferred.
- Must be currently licensed as a security guard and/or private investigator by the ministry of community safety and correctional services
- Must be currently certified in First Aid/CPR and AED
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23