OverviewTRS Project Engineer Contract in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
St. John’s, NL
Experience in offshore Oil & Gas, refining or heavy engineering sector would be considered an asset. Proficient with engineering software applications….
We are currently seeking a high caliber Project Engineer for a position in St. John’s, NL. You will be working for one of the world’s leading engineering, procurement and construction companies.
• Maintains HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements included in design and procurement.
• Ensures Compliance with Project Process and Procedures.
• Compliance with and enforcement of effective change control process application.
• Contributes to the development of overall project FOE schedule and supervises work in accordance with the approved schedule as assigned
• Monitors cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecasts final costs, identifies trends and takes action to avoid cost overruns.
• Strong working knowledge of engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
• Focuses team on achievement of milestones and other key project and FOE objectives.
• Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
• Participates and prepares presentations for meeting and reports to project leadership.
• Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
• Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Engineering Director and Project Manager.
•Engineering Degree or relevant equivalent (P. Eng. designation with PEGNL preferred) with a minimum of 8 to 10 years industry experience.
•5+ years of experience in a similar role in a manufacturing site; experience in offshore Oil & Gas, refining or heavy engineering sector would be considered an asset.
•Proven experience as Project Engineer in leading multi-discipline teams.
•Offshore and/or Site experience an asset.
•Energetic and committed to resolving whatever barriers are preventing design progression.
•Background in working across engineering and design disciplines.
•Interface management experience preferred but not required.
•Drive and tenacity are required for getting things done, as well as good people skills
•Proficient with engineering software applications.
•Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
•Accuracy and attention to detail.
•Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
•Ability to contribute to preparation and delivery of presentations to customers.
•Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
•Ability to transfer subject matter expertise and understanding to other employees and/or customers.
•Ability to maintain confidential information.
•Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
To apply for this opportunity, please apply online via the link below or email your resume to [email protected] .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company. TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Saint John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21