OverviewTRS Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Contract in St. John’s, NL
Branch St. John’s NL CA
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
St. John’s, NL
Interprets internal and external business challenges with impact on the organization and recommends best practice solutions….
We are currently seeking a high caliber Instrumentation and Controls Engineer for a position in St. John’s, NL. You will be working for one of the world’s leading engineering, procurement and construction companies.
• Reporting to and supporting the Lead Engineer(s) responsible for Instrument, Telecom and Controls (ITC) on the Hebron Topsides project
• Focus on the requirements associated with Documents for Operations (DFO), involving ITC scopes associated with the Hebron Topsides with focus on Living Quarters and Ancillaries
• Manage and coordinate related FOE engineering activities to ensure assignments or projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
• Lead and /or assist in the review, resolution and response to Technical Query’s associated with EIC overall Topsides design including Living Quarters, Ancillaries, etc. during the Hook Up and Commissioning phase of the Hebron project
• Responsible for directing designers as necessary to complete deliverables associated with FOE activities.
• Prepare studies and reports of technical and project management nature in support to both Senior Management and client’s expectations and requirements.
• Ensure the project ITC design conforms to the client’s approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements
• Support Commissioning, Operations and Start-Up Teams as required and directed by Engineering Management.
• Engineering Degree or relevant equivalent (P. Eng. designation with PEGNL required) with a minimum of 10 years industry experience.
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role with experience in offshore Oil & Gas, refining or heavy engineering sector considered an asset.
• Commissioning of Offshore facilities and/or Site experience with Living Quarters and/or Ancillaries considered an asset.
• Background in working as Intermediate or Sr. ITC engineer with other engineering and design disciplines essential.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable engineering theories, practices, and accepted procedures.
• Recognized as having a specialized depth or breadth of expertise within the discipline.
• Interprets internal and external business challenges with impact on the organization and recommends best practice solutions.
• Proficient with engineering software applications.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
• Ability to contribute to preparation and delivery of presentations to customers.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to transfer subject matter expertise and understanding to other employees and/or customers.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
To apply for this opportunity, please apply online via the link below or email your resume to [email protected] .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company. TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Saint John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21