OverviewTriovest Realty Advisors Procurement Administrator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Triovest Realty Advisors
Branch Toronto ON CA
Experience in the real estate industry is an asset. Assist with maintenance of job codes and reporting of construction fees….
As part of the Finance team, the Procurement Administrator is responsible for the facilitation of Finance related projects based on operational goals and objectives. The successful candidate will demonstrate project management expertise including a comprehensive understanding of processes required to support Property Management. Ideally the candidate will have a strong understanding of back office operational processes. Excellent problem solving and communication skills, a high degree of flexibility, and ability to collaborate at all levels are essential for success in this role.
The Procurement Administrator will assist with the Property Management team and is accountable for the documentation, execution, monitoring and maintenance of finance support functions. This includes: (1) process management, (2) communication, (3) stakeholder(s) relationships, (4) coordination and synergy with other operational activities and (5) change management to support successful implementation of new or enhanced processes.
As part of your varied duties as a Procurement Administrator, you will:
- Maintain operational processes by supporting workflows through the property management system (Yardi).
- Assist with project planning which includes managing timelines and coordination of project team(s) and sub-team activities (internal and external resources).
- Communicate and document change management activities for ‘Go Live’ readiness.
- Assist with project testing including documenting and communicating progress, status, issues and risks to management and key stakeholders.
- Assist with documentation of project related materials as required.
- Plan and track project activities and deliverables.
- Maintain role setup in Yardi to facilitate operational workflows.
- Liaise with operations and finance in establishing procure to pay workflows.
- Ensure Delegation of Authority standards are maintained throughout the payment life cycle.
- Assist banking manager in implementing direct debit to vendors.
- Assist with maintenance of job codes and reporting of construction fees.
- Setup property contracts in Yardi through the construction module.
- Maintenance of leasing workflows through review and maintenance of system amendments.
- Document and maintain procure to pay workflows.
- Manage Service Agreements that may be in place and any Master Agreements between the suppliers and Triovest.
- Maintain the purchasing policy and ensuring that all purchases adhere to it.
- Choose/approve suppliers that Triovest will deal with by working with the Operations and Property management teams.
- Pre-qualify and mange the vendors.
- Develop and manage vendor/contractor relationships and the management database.
- Evaluate vendor performance with the focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide on-going maintenance and follow-up to ensure that all initiatives, new and existing are being conducted such that service levels, efficiencies, revision o processes, compliance requirements and related savings are being achieved. Ensure that all related documentation is current and communicated to the filed in a timely manner.
- In co-operation with Regional/National Property Management groups, identify opportunities for regional service contracts and champion national buy-in for select opportunities. Prepare tender packages or specifications to enable a competitive bidding process that results in increase service levels, efficiencies of operation and cost savings where appropriate.
Success as a Procurement Administrator calls for a solid professional background that includes:
- 5+ years of related procurement practices or equivalent work experience (a procurement designation is an asset).
- University undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent.
- Experience leading change and managing in a complex environment.
- Experience in the real estate industry is an asset.
- Experience in both the design, operation and improvement of a procurement process is an asset.
- Understanding of Property Management software preferably Yardi.
- Ability to adapt leadership style to situation.
- Ability to manage large volume of work through effective prioritization and superior execution.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in dealing with all levels of the business.
- Strong business acumen – including an interest in understanding how various functions/departments contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Proven problem solver with ability to manage in an ambiguous environment.
- Self-starter with strong bias for action and follow through.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31