OverviewTrinity Western University Registered Nurse Contract in Langley, BC
Trinity Western University
Branch Langley BC CA
Collects and prepares laboratory samples for transport. Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at…
Position Title: Registered Nurse (part-time)
The Registered Nurse provides primary care nursing duties in the campus medical clinic .
Duties & Responsibilities:
1.) Primary Care Nursing Duties
- Treats and supports clients in the management of short and long term illnesses including, but not limited to:
- Wound care
- Suture removal
- Nutrition Counselling
- Providing health and immunization education
- Refers to a physician, counsellor or other health care professionals as necessary.
- Performs venepuncture.
- Collects and prepares laboratory samples for transport.
- Provides immunizations to decrease disease risk.
- Ensure Wellness Centre’s medical rooms supplies and equipment are adequately maintained and stocked including equipment to ensure it is in working order.
- Checks and maintains first aid kits.
- Maintain confidential paper and electronic client medical records.
2.) Servant-leader way of life : Act in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of the university and contributing effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the organization.
Received Assistant Director of Wellness Centre
Job Standards & Requirements
Education and Certifications: Current CRNBC registration, CPR with AED certification and BCCDC Immunization Certification is required. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
Experience Minimum 2 years nursing experience. Preference will be given to nurses with experience in a public/community health experience.
Skills/Abilities Superior nursing assessment and phlebotomy skills are required. Ability to plan, prioritize, and make decisions in a busy clinic environment. Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills with perceptive and empathetic listening ability is a must. Ability to work cohesively with a team and ability to self-motivate and work independently when needed.
Personal Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in a campus community context. A firm commitment to TWU’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Covenant. Impeccable character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging university atmosphere.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Salary Classification: 7
Agreed to by: Assistant Director of Wellness Centre and Executive Director, HR
Updated: July 2015
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Langley, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31