OverviewTrillium Health Partners Unit Coordinating Assistant – 0A Inpatient Oncology/Palliative Care Part Time in Mississauga, ON
Trillium Health Partners
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Unit Coordinating Assistant – 0A Inpatient Oncology/Palliative Care
Completion of a Medical Terminology course is required . May collaborate with others in the development of the monthly unit’s master schedule (including RN,…
Unit Coordinating Assistant
Status: Part Time (1)
Dept: 0A Inpatient Oncology/Palliative Care
Posted: October 25, 2016
Internal Deadline: November 1 2016
The (Inpatient) Unit Coordination Assistant (UCA) provides clerical support for patient adminstrative services; information management; unit reception; ensures the clerical administration and operation of the unit; and performs other duties consistent with the job classification as required.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Patient Administrative Services
- Liaises with internal departments and external healthcare facilities to book/cancel tests, appointments, internal patient transfer, external patient transport/escort, etc, as required.
- Transcribes and enters physician orders including medication, lab and imaging orders into appropriate system.
- Enters data including appointment requests, menu/diet requests, patient transfer and discharge documentation.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of patient movement, test results, appointments and other patient information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares and updates patient charts with lab reports, test results and other pertinent information. Scans and copies chart, pharmacy orders and other information as required.
- Ensures patient charts are sent to Health Records with all accurate and required patient information.
- Updates WHIMS/MDS binders/information sheets as required.
- Greets visitors and staff, directing them to appropriate personnel and/or destination/room providing assistance as required.
- Greets and admits patients to the unit. May also perform unit patient registration function, confirming/validating patient demographic, insurance (including OHIP) and other required information as appropriate.
- Explains hospital policy and procedures to patients, visitors and staff as necessary (including infection prevention and control).
- Answers the telephone and/or intercom, responding to enquiries within scope of authority, or, directing to most appropriate person.
- Takes, prioritizes and relays messages for unit staff and/or patients. Locates unit staff, pages healthcare professionals as required.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail and other materials.
Ensures efficient clerical administration and operation of the unit within scope of authority
- Enters and maintains payroll records (include sick and vacation requests).
- Creates the monthly UCA master schedule. May collaborate with others in the development of the monthly unit’s master schedule (including RN, Allied Health and other professionals).
- Assists with sick replacement and vacation back fill as required.
- Updates department “fan-out” list as required.
- Requisitions and maintains office/medical supplies; counts and labels inventory as required. May be required to stock unit carts and/or supply areas.
- Ensures equipment and furniture are operational. Prepares work order requests for preventative and restorative maintenance/repair as required.
- Contacts environmental services for cleaning of equipment and/or unit as required.
- Processes routine financial transactions including unit supply/inventory purchase and charges for services/items not covered by patient’s healthcare plan.
- Reviews and reconciles invoices.
- Compiles statistical data to generate and prepare standardized reports on a monthly basis.
Performs cross-functional, and/or, other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
Works in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contravention’s of the Act, in a timely manner.
- Completion of high school or recognized equivalent is required .
- Completion of a Medical Terminology course is required .
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31