OverviewTrillium Health Partners Research Associate – KidFit Health and Wellness Project Part Time in Mississauga, ON
Trillium Health Partners
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Research Associate – KidFit Health and Wellness Project
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act. Qualifications Master’s degree in a field relevant to health services research (e…
Research Associate – KidFit Health and Wellness Project
Dept/Health System: Institute for Better Health
Status: Temporary Part Time – minimum 2.5 days per week, 7.5 hours per day
– for approximately 12 months
Trillium Health Partners’ Strategic Plan has identified research as a key priority for achieving its vision of delivering a new kind of health care for a healthier community and the Institute for Better Health (IBH) was created to support this vision.
We are seeking a Research Associate to support research studies and initiatives across the organization. The successful candidate will work in a multivariate stakeholder environment both independently and as part of a collaborative multi-disease focused research group assisting on various projects. This role facilitates the responsible conduct of research through support of clinical research studies within THP. This support includes coordinating clinical research study logistics, timelines and budgets; and undertaking the daily study activities and meeting the ethics and regulatory requirements of various clinical research studies. This is a unique opportunity to be exposed to the hospital setting, support front-line clinical research and to play a pivotal role in enabling and mobilizing health research within and beyond the walls of Trillium Health Partners.
Project Specific Details & Requirements:
Project Details: A number of hospitals in Canada offer structured pediatric weight management clinics. Although these clinics are effective, dropout is substantial, availability is limited, and access to this specialized care is difficult. The KidFit Health and Wellness Clinic at Trillium Health Partners, a paediatric weight management clinic, is committed to employing a patient- and family-centred approach to service design and delivery that incorporates family expectations, perspectives, and experiences. In this role, you will learn and employ novel research methods including social and organizational network analysis and experience-based co-design, to continue to co-design KidFit programming, describe the current state of the local health system for obese children and youth, highlight opportunities for collaboration between KidFit, other healthcare providers, and community-based organizations such as public schools, public health agencies, and community centres, and co-design with patients and families a community care model for the obese children and youth.
Project Role Requirements : The successful candidate must meet the following qualifications, and demonstrate the ability to take on the following responsibilities:
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to health services research (e.g., public health, health research methodology, health services research, social sciences)
- 3+ years of experience working in a health related field
- Expected to possess a broad understanding of qualitative research methods and the healthcare system
- Must have experience with research health data collection and analysis
- Experience with qualitative data management software (i.e. AtlasTi, Nvivo)
- Familiarity with referencing software (EndNote) an asset
- Knowledge of REDCap an asset
- Must have experience conducting literature searches using health related databases (e.g. PubMed, Medline)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and able to work with a diverse, inter-professional group of stakeholders
- Strong project management, communication and organizational skills
- Experience recruiting participants, conducting interviews, focus groups, coding and analyzing qualitative data
- Excellent writing skills and experience preparing manuscripts for publication, reports, proposal development and plain language English summaries
- Recruit participants, schedule and conduct interviews and focus groups across multiple sites
- Assist in writing reports, publications, conference presentations and briefing notes
- Conduct literature searches and synthesize results
- Support the creation of study materials (e.g., recruitment, consent forms, data collection forms)
- Coordinate and manage project logistics including organizing research team meetings
- Development of database and data management
- Liaise with key research and community stakeholders
- Assist with grant writing and gathering documents for grant submissions
- Support Research Ethics Board applications
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01