OverviewTrillium Health Partners Patient Care Assistant Full Time in Toronto, ON
Trillium Health Partners
Branch Toronto ON CA
Patient Care Assistant
Responsible and accountable for the provision of patient care to a specific group of patients under the direction of regulated Health Care Professionals and in…
Patient Care Assistant
Status: Full Time (2)
Grade: CUPE Grade 02 $20.942– $24.105
Dept/Health System: Corporate Services – Queensway Health Centre
Hours of Work/Shifts: Days (0700 – 1500 Hours)
Posted: October 27, 2016
Internal Deadline: November 3, 2016
*The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent related skills & experience
- Personal Support Worker, Orthopaedic Certificate and/or appropriate other related Health Care Certificate/Program preferred
- TRILLIUM PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Curent BCLS & CPR Certificates essential
- Previous Hospital/Health Care experience strongly preferred
- Current basic computer skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have the knowledge, skill, judgment and ability to work with patients in an understanding, sensitive and compassionate manner.
- Must be a self-directed individual with well-developed organizational skills
- Possess the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- A positive attendance and work record is essential
As a member of the care giving team on the Patient Services units, assists the Nursing staff with the provision of patient care. Performs duties related to patient care under the direction of regulated Health Care Professionals and/or Physicians in accordance with hospital standards, policies and procedures.
Performs related activities required to assist the team in providing a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients.
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of patient care to a specific group of patients under the direction of regulated Health Care Professionals and in accordance with the standards set by the Hospital. Such duties include:
- Delivery of meal trays to assigned patients, feeding of patients as necessary, or assistance with meals as required (opening packages, making patient comfortable and documenting food consumption
- Assisting, under the direction of regulated Health Care Professionals, with ambulation, toileting, bathing and personal hygiene functions
- Provides physical assistance to patients as required by assisting with lifts and transfers
- Performs various patient care duties & related non-professional activities necessary in meeting patient’s personal needs and comfort and documenting as required.
- Assists in the provision of a safe, clean and comfortable environment, including carrying out cleaning and infection control activities as required
- Reports all concerns voiced by patients and their families
- Alerts team members when any change or concern about the patient’s condition is raised
- Cleans and disinfects beds, rooms and equipment as required, in accordance with THC standards
- Other duties as assigned
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31