OverviewTRILLIUM HEALTH PARTNERS Human Resources Business Partner – Temporary Full-Time (MLOA) Contract in Mississauga, ON
TRILLIUM HEALTH PARTNERS
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Human Resources Business Partner – Temporary Full-Time (MLOA)
Support and promote a healthy and safe work environment though accident prevention and wellness initiatives. Human Resources Business Partner – Temporary Full…
Position: Human Resources Business Partner – Temporary Full-time (MLOA)
Dept/Health System: Human Resources
Hours of Work/Shifts : Primarily Monday to Friday
Posted: January 22, 2015
Internal Deadline: January 29, 2015
Under the direction of the Employee Relations Manager, this role provides strategic human resources advice and guidance to the business through the translation of business strategies into human resources strategies that support the achievement of the Strategic Plan. They will partner with management within their assigned business groups and provides advice and guidance on, including but not limited to employee relations, labor relations, recruitment, talent development, total rewards, performance management, health and safety, disability management, change management and creating an engaging hospital. They will be responsible for the delivery of a multiple Human Resource programs and initiatives and for championing the organizational change management that surrounds these programs.
As the primary Human Resources Business Partner for a defined client group, you will:
- Partner with management to endorse and/or develop human resources solutions that support business objectives and ensures alignment with the overall hospital culture, mission, values and strategic plan
- Manages and develops internal communications plans and programs to increase employee engagement, and helps employees understand their role in supporting the hospital’s values, culture and objectives
- Administer all organizational development and learning programs by ensuring the continued and sustained development of high potential employees
- Maintain and enhance awareness of human resources best practices and emerging issues to ensure our practices are relevant, competitive and supportive of the hospital’s mission Lead and/or provide consultative services on the implementation of Human Resources initiatives and programs
- Analyze and diagnose the needs of the business in order to implement human resources best practice
- Actively engages the Centers of Expertise in implementing creative solutions that are aligned with the hospital’s strategic plan
- Coach managers in leveraging and maximizing the hospital’s performance management tools for talent management, staff development and performance improvement plans
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies and processes to proactively attract and retain the best candidates
- Create a robust candidate pipeline for both current and future hospital needs
- Create on-boarding programs that foster employee engagement
- Manage the exit process to effectively identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Anticipate, identify and coach managers regarding employee and labour issues
- Foster positive employee and labour relations through the interpretation of the collective bargaining agreements, policies and procedures, and legislation
- Facilitate timely resolution of all employee and labour relations issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between employee and management advocacy
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and enquiries
- Conduct prompt employee and labour relations investigations with management and union where appropriate as it relates to workplace complaints
- Support managers through the grievance process by preparing documentation and hearing grievances
- Support Labour Relations through the arbitration and mediation process
- Support and promote a healthy and safe work environment though accident prevention and wellness initiatives
- Support disability management through return to work plans, accommodation, attendance management and injury/illness reporting
- Provide guidance and support in regard to total rewards decisions as per hospital guidelines
- Foster a culture of diversity and accommodation through the creation of a barrier free and tolerant hospital
- Promotes diversity in the workplace through recruitment and accommodation strategies
- Develop, implement and analyze trends through reports and metrics to provide realistic solution to business challenges
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or similar field, or relevant work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of human resources experience
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP) preferred
- Sound working knowledge and experience with human resources practices and principals including Provincial legislation (Human Rights, Employment Standards, AODA, Health and Safety), Collective Agreement administration and the ability to effectively interpret and apply accordingly
- Strong relationship management skills with experience in partnering, influencing, coaching and building credibility with managers and the human resources team
- Strong change management skills with demonstrated ability to act as a catalyst for change within a business
- Strong diagnostic skills and proven ability to evaluate options/alternatives and develop recommendations for complex and multi-dimensional problems/issues
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Proven track record of delivering results and committed to excellence
- Strong business acumen and issue resolution skills with the ability to deal with situations in an open, objective and flexible manner
- Managerial courage with a proven ability to contribute to the hospital’s success by identifying and creating opportunities to improve processes, patient experience, and services
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to develop and deliver projects, tools and resources
- Proactive in anticipating clients’ needs and expectations in order to deliver comprehensive and high quality service
- Knowledge of current health care issues and trends is an asset
Position Location and Travel:
Travel among the 3 main sites of Trillium Health Partners will be required.
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24