OverviewTrillium Health Partners Environmental Associate – Waste Management Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Trillium Health Partners
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Environmental Associate – Waste Management
CUPE JOB POSTING Position: Environmental Associate – Full Time (1) Grade: CUPE Grade 2 – $21.103 – $22.392 per hour Dept/Health System: Corporate Services –…
CUPE JOB POSTING
Position: Environmental Associate – Full Time (1)
Grade: CUPE Grade 2 – $21.103 – $22.392 per hour
Dept/Health System: Corporate Services –* Mississauga
Hours of Work/Shifts: Afternoons (1400 – 2200)
Posted: September 21, 2015
Internal Deadline : September 28, 2015
*The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
- Minimum Grade 12 education and/or equivalent in support services role preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers, patients and co-workers
- Ability to read and write, follow instructions, and use basic math skills
- Work on a daily basis as part of a team, supporting HA’s, etc.
- Must complete the required training program
- May include shift work
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Demonstrated floor care experience
- Knowledge and experience with stripping and waxing required
- The ability to be self motivated and complete project tasks without need of assistance
- Knowledge and experience in burnishing, auto-scrubbing and buffing.
- Clean public areas, washrooms, stairwells, elevators, corridors, call rooms and equipment in your area. May also be assigned to patient floors, lounges, corridors, etc.
- Collect garbage, recyclables and biomedical waste
- Collect outside garbage/leaves, checks grounds and disposes of garbage
- Snow removal as needed
- Heavy lifting required, able to complete all tasks including set ups
- As assigned, transport supplies and equipment throughout the hospital
- Set up conference rooms as needed
- Biomedical waste clean up and packaging according to specified guidelines
- Uses chemicals and cleaning agents, cleans up spills
- Washing, drying and mending of in-house laundry
- Clean and vacuum rehabilitation pool
- Maintain open and timely communication with team members and management staff
- Uses the pager as required to perform job duties
- Must have the physical strength to meet requirements of job
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23