OverviewTrillium Health Partners CPS Technician Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Trillium Health Partners
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Responsible for the reprocessing of patient care equipment and instruments for use in surgery and other patient care areas….
CPS Technician –
Full Time (x2)
Grade: CUPE 05 – $22.777– $24.556 Per Hour
Dept/Health System: Medical Device Reprocessing – Mississauga Hospital
Hours of Work/Shifts: Days/Nights
Posted: December 2, 2016
Internal Deadline: December 9, 2016
*The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs
Responsible for the reprocessing of patient care equipment and instruments for use in surgery and other patient care areas. Duties include the collection of soiled instruments/equipment, decontamination, inspection, assembly, packaging, sterilization, storage and distribution.
- Mandatory College certification in Sterile Supply Processing, incorporating 3 course modules including practicum (120 hours) in a hospital sterile processing department.
- Must have CSA certification or obtain within 1 year of employment
- Minimum grade 12 education and/or equivalent.
- Experience with medical terminology an asset.
- Minimum 1 year hospital work experience in sterile processing techniques and preparation of medical supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical instrumentation.
- Must successfully complete the required in-house orientation/training program within the defined probationary period.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Positive work and attendance record is essential
- Collects contaminated/soiled equipment, instruments, trays, etc. and returns to CPS.
- Cleans and terminally decontaminates surgical instruments and other reusable equipment in accordance with established departmental protocols.
- Manual cleaning/brushing of heavily soiled instruments/equipment in enzymatic detergent prior to mechanical washing.
- Operates washer-disinfectors, cart washer and sonic cleaner for decontamination of all instruments and equipment.
- Dismantles, cleans, inspects and reassembles equipment/instruments as appropriate.
- Checks functionality and cleanliness of equipment/instruments prior to assembly.
- Ensures supplies/trays are wrapped correctly in sterilization wrapper/pouch to include sterilization integrator and labeled with the appropriate sterilization tape.
- Loads, unloads and monitors the parameters of sterilizers.
- Performs and documents biological testing on all sterilization equipment.
- Carries out all sterilization procedures and related duties in accordance with established standards for sterilizers.
- Understands and follows principles of event related sterilization.
- Distributes supplies/trays to OR and other designated clinical areas.
- Prepares surgical case carts for surgical procedures following pick list protocol.
- Replenishment of crash carts, intubation boxes, latex-free boxes and contact precaution carts.
- Assembly/testing of portable suction equipment.
- Custom preparation of all special supplies as needed.
- Responds immediately to urgent requests as required by all patient care areas.
- Inspects and reports all damaged equipment and supplies immediately to the Supervisor/Lead Hand or designate.
- Participates in Quality Assurance Audits and assists with documentation of same.
- Documents workload measurement statistics as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs all work in a safe and proper manner in accordance with Trillium Health Partners principles and protocols and all legislative requirements/codes/regulations/standards, including WHMIS, MOE, OH&S, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06