Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-09-21
Travelers Canada Audit – Quality Assurance (12 month contract) Temporary in Oakville, ON
Branch Oakville ON CA
Audit – Quality Assurance (12 month contract)
Produce high quality work. Participates and/or leads audits and conduct quality reviews for Business Centre Operations and Field Operations….
- Participates and/or leads audits and conduct quality reviews for Business Centre Operations and Field Operations.
- Reviews compliance with company business functions by understanding Operations processes, systems, and general workflow while developing and applying attributes and Review Guidelines to measure the accuracy of these functions.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in developing audit plans, programs and specific tests to evaluate control areas to Business Centre Operations and Field Operations
- Application and Management of Audit program to Operations
- Attend, participate, and/or lead team of on-site and/or remote auditors (pull lists, attribute application)
- Apply audit standards and follow directions on properly applying ‘yes/no? questions to determine accuracy.
- Investigate, develop and apply changes to Operations to the audit documents.
- Participate when called upon for Corporate Audits, Market Conduct Exams.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Willingness to travel when needed (< 10% of the time)
- Basic understanding of risk assessment, operations, workflow, workforce management and basic insurance industry operational practices
- 3 years of experience in an Insurance related field
- Preference for Operational Insurance experience
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies Technical Competence:
- Firm understanding of Operations and the systems and workflows in which the business is processed
- Knowledge of multiple business areas or products and supporting systems.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Solid teamwork skills
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems within the business context
- Plan ahead and organize tasks, manage time well, and be cost conscious
- Be receptive to feedback and embrace continuous improvement
- Provide both constructive positive and challenging feedback as situations dictate
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics
- Display professional image
- Use diplomacy in all interactions
- Produce high quality work
- Take ownership of work
- Demonstrates support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Clearly expresses ideas orally and in writing
- Uses appropriate writing style consistent with organizational guidelines and norms.
- Provide feedback in clear, concise and professional manner.
Job Type: Contract