OverviewTraffic Injury Research Foundation Manager, Marketing & Communications Contract in Ottawa, ON
Traffic Injury Research Foundation
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Manager, Marketing & Communications
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, journalism or equivalent combination of experience and education….
The Traffic Injury Research Foundation (TIRF) develops and shares the knowledge that saves – preventing injuries and loss of life on the roads, reducing related social, health and insurance costs, and safeguarding productivity. We are the Canadian source for international research related to the human causes and effects of road crashes, providing objective and scientific information to support the development, implementation and evaluation of road safety programs, effective advocacy and consultation.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the VP Finance & Administration on a day-to-day basis, the Manager, Marketing & Communications will work with the management team on administrative and project-related tasks. These responsibilities will be comprised of marketing and communications, website management, and fundraising activities at the Foundation. Travel away from Ottawa is required on a very limited basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with senior research staff to deliver a broad scope of communication and marketing services, notable: writing, editing, formatting and lay-out of materials, website outreach effectiveness and response analytics, social media channels, coordinating with media, and fundraising in support of TIRF activities and project promotional requirements.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communication plans in relation to the Foundation as an entity, and for specific, project-based work;
- Develop and manage website and social media output, and promotional materials for the Foundation;
- Develop, design and produce text/visual content for newsletters, press releases, e-blasts.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of general and project-based marketing materials, including the Foundation’s educational programs and annual fundraising campaign;
- Responsibility for the consistent application of branding standards to all documentation and enhancing the Foundation’s current high-regarded profile in the road safety research field.
- Develop, manage and update web content including handling technical and design issues;
- Plan and implement web upgrades and enhancements;
- Monitor web analytics using various tools for the optimisation of the website.
- Maintain social media channels, post and manage content, and engagement;
- Nurture an active presence in social media and stimulate user engagement with the Foundation through social media.
- Format, design, brand and print research reports for both in-house and outsourced publications;
- Maintain a current inventory of reports and disseminate publications to stakeholders and others as and when required.
- Maintain effective relations with the media regarding interviews and information dissemination;
- Monitoring media for stories pertinent to the Foundation’s research work.
Fundraising and Promotion
- Develop and deliver an annual fundraising campaign for the Foundation and track donor status as well as manage donation donor relations.
- Respond to stakeholder requests and inquires for information about road safety issues from media, special interest groups, government departments, research and educational organizations and other members of the general public.
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication is essential (bilingualism is desired), expert eye for grammar, language usage and proofreading;
- Knowledge of communications best practices and technologies, WordPress (or similar platforms) and basic HTML + CSS for websites, social media channels, media relationships and project management;
- Advanced computer skills in business and design applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite) and database management so as to permit ease of work with websites, social media channels and report assembly, including design, editing, formatting, layout and production;
- Experience in dealing with and building on respectful and effective relationships with the media and communications professional in other organizations, with senior management and staff colleagues, with external associates and stakeholders;
- Event management (annual general meetings, working group meetings, conferences) experience is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, journalism or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least 3 years’ experience in in communications and marketing, preferably in the not-for-profit or charity sector.
- Critical and proactive thinking with a penchant for results-oriented action;
- Consistent work performance and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner;
- Independent thought, initiative, and self-motivation;
- Willingness to accept responsibility, the ability to incorporate constructive feedback and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff environment;
- Rewarding and worthwhile work theme and subject matter;
- Convenient downtown location;
- Competitive salary, benefits and leave conditions;
- Modern, bright and comfortable working environment.
Salary TBD based on experience and skill set.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18