OverviewTown of Oakville Executive Assistant Part Time in Oakville, ON
Town of Oakville
Branch Oakville ON CA
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing. Part-time contract until September 30, 2017….
Employment Status: Part-time contract until September 30, 2017
Hours: 21 hours per week (3 days per week), days are to be determined
Reporting To: Manager, Human Resources
Start Date: February 2017
The following qualifications are essential to be successful in this position:
• Business Administration Certificate, Diploma or Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience at a senior/executive administrative level. An equivalent of education and experienced will be considered.
• Experience in overseeing operational needs of a small administration department in addition to supervisory experience
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in dealing with the public and co-workers
• Formal training and/or experience in Records Management
• Formal training and/or experience with Policy Management
• Excellent minute taking skills
• Experience working with Health & Safety programs
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing
• Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality with sensitive information, good judgement and decision making skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to think proactively, prioritize and multitask in a busy environment
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
• Advanced word processing skills; proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point + Outlook, as well as internet research skills
• Ability to respond effectively to change
The following qualifications would be considered an asset in this position:
• Familiarity with Switchboard/Reception responsibilities
• Ability to maintain flexible work schedule when required
• Provide administrative support to the CEO and members of the library’s Senior Management Team, includes preparing and distributing agendas, attend meetings and take minutes, monitor action plans, draft correspondence, reports, presentations, planning/implementing events.
• Provide administrative support to the CEO related to Library Board-correspondence/duties
• Member of the Town of Oakville’s Senior Management Team (SMT) to discuss the coordination and preparation for the SMT meetings; set-up, prepare agendas, attend and take minutes
• Member on the AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) committee
• Liaise with Library Board members, volunteer groups, Town and library staff as well as the general public on behalf of the CEO
• Act as Health & Safety Coordinator
• Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of the administration office; switchboard/receptionist, mail, room rental bookings, central files (electronic and paper), office supplies, petty cash
• Supervise two part-time staff members; train, teach and oversee work
• Assist with the creation and development of new policies and the review of existing policies
• Maintain the library’s policy manuals (Library Board Manual, Public Service + Procedures, Collections Manual, Health & Safety Manual)
• Oversee the library’s Records Management System
• Deliver excellent service to customers of all ages by adhering to the library’s customers service pledge and being in compliance with AODA’s Customer Service Standard
• Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, other relevant health and safety legislation, and the Oakville Public Library’s Health & Safety Program
• Other duties as assigned
Applications will be accpeted on-line at www.oakville.ca in the current opportunities section no later than midnight on February 13, 2017.
The Oakville Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) within our recruitment process upon request. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
A Security Clearance Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required for all employees and volunteers of the Oakville Public Library. Successful applicants must submit the Security Checks (dated within the last six months) prior to or on the first day of employment.
The Oakville Public Library endeavours to provide a safe environment for all its employees. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter along with your resume as one document.
If this is the first time you are applying for a position, click Apply for this Position.
If you have previously applied for a position, go to the Are you Returning Applicant section to log in.
If you do not receive an email within 24 hours confirming receipt of your application, please contact the Human Resources department from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST at (905) 845-6601. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-08