OverviewTown of Newmarket Assistant Theatre Technician Contract in Newmarket, ON
Town of Newmarket
Branch Newmarket ON CA
Assistant Theatre Technician
Post secondary courses in theatre technical direction and previous experience in radio/TV production and/or Audio/Visual training or an equivalent combination…
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of theatre equipment including providing technical support to theatre user groups, assisting with load-in and load-outs, providing technical support as required, handling public enquiries, and supervising the technical aspects of the theatre in the absence of the Theatre Technician or Theatre Coordinator.
1. Post secondary courses in theatre technical direction and previous experience in radio/TV production and/or Audio/Visual training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Be willing to obtain a Natural Resources Canada Explosives Regulatory Division Pyrotechnic Card (Assistant Level).
3. Must have or be willing to obtain an Ontario Smart Serve Certificate.
4. Current holder of First Aid and CPR certification.
5. Class “G” Driver’s Licence in good standing and reliable vehicle for corporate business.
6. Working knowledge of health and safety guidelines as set out in the 2nd Edition of “Safety Guidelines for the Live Performance Industry in Ontario.”
7. Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
8. Ability to deal effectively and courteously with staff, the general public, user groups and volunteers.
9. Significant experience with computers including word processing, CAD, specialized sound/lighting control programs and computerized lighting/sound control consoles.
10. Experience in the operation and maintenance of automated lighting fixtures.
11. Experience maintaining equipment maintenance and repair logs.
12. Availability/flexibility to work evenings/weekends.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Newmarket, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11