OverviewToronto Wildlife Centre Capital Campaign Assistant (Revised) Full Time in Toronto, ON
Toronto Wildlife Centre
Branch Toronto ON CA
Capital Campaign Assistant (Revised)
Dedicated to the rehabilitation of sick, injured and orphaned wildlife, and to educating the public on wildlife-related issues, TWC was the first wildlife…
About Toronto Wildlife Centre
Toronto Wildlife Centre (TWC), a registered charity, is the only wildlife centre in the Greater Toronto Area and the busiest in Canada. Approximately 5,000 wild animals are admitted to the Centre each year representing over 270 different species of wildlife. Dedicated to the rehabilitation of sick, injured and orphaned wildlife, and to educating the public on wildlife-related issues, TWC was the first wildlife centre in Canada with a full veterinary hospital and the only one with a dedicated wildlife rescue program. Currently located in Downsview Park, plans are underway to develop a new Centre in Rouge National Urban Park (RNUP). A significant capital campaign to provide for a new facility on a 67 acre site has commenced.
The Capital Campaign Assistant will work closely with the Capital Campaign Manager and the Executive Director to help keep the capital campaign on schedule and to progress with a high level of visibility and momentum that engenders a sense of excitement and confidence in achieving the campaign goal.
Using your outstanding writing skills and exceptional organizational, interpersonal, oral communication and computer skills, you will support the Capital Campaign Manager and be responsible for daily administration of all aspects of a capital campaign/donor cycle: prospect research, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, writing, tracking information and organizing campaign events.
- Schedule meetings with prospective campaign donors and prepare information and proposal materials.
- Follow up major donor meetings to ensure the donor is thanked appropriately and receives the materials or follow-up actions outlined at the meeting.
- Ensure campaign-related progress reports, naming and recognition opportunities and prospect and donor lists are kept up to date.
- Ensure that prospect and donor records in the eTapestry database are populated with all activity pertaining to the prospect and donor
- Conduct research to identify/qualify prospective donors.
- Support campaign and fundraising events as necessary; including planning, list management, mailings, day-of-event activities, follow-up.
- Participate in some evenings/weekend and/or off-site meetings and events.
- Collaborate with volunteers and other TWC staff to assist with administrative and fundraising tasks as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years’ fundraising experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be personable and have a good phone manner
- Proven ability to multi-task in a busy environment, to work well under pressure, and to prioritize tasks appropriately while meeting time-sensitive demands
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability and comfort with taking initiative and ownership of work
- Proficient in creative problem-solving
- Experience working with eTapestry or other fundraising software
- Experience in a customer service-focused setting
- Experience and/or knowledge of major gift and capital campaign fundraising
- Work or volunteer experience in a like organization
- Membership in AFP or similar organization
- Genuine concern for and understanding of environmental and wildlife issues
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-23