OverviewToronto International Film Festival Supervisor, Box Office & Call Centre Part Time in Toronto, ON
Toronto International Film Festival
Branch Toronto ON CA
Supervisor, Box Office & Call Centre
Previous experience with the Toronto Internal Film Festival is an asset. TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film…
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 20, 2018
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto’s cultural history.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of:
SUPERVISOR – BOX OFFICE & CALL CENTRE
The Box Office & Call Centre Supervisor is primarily responsible for answering incoming calls in the Call Centre, providing excellent customer service via email and social media, as well as responding to other general inquires. In the Box Office, the Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising staff, ensuring all shift duties are completed, and providing a high level of customer service. This position works closely with the Assistant Manager – Box Office & Call Centre, and reports to the Manager, Ticketing Services.
- Providing friendly, knowledgeable customer service on the telephone, via email or in person by giving information regarding all of TIFFs products and services in a timely and professional manner
- Handling large volume of sales on a regular basis
- Processing and managing cash, debit and credit card transactions with confidence
- Communicating effectively with all staff, volunteers, and patrons
- Operating computerized ticketing systems and ensure all account data is captured accurately
- Adhering to and interpreting all Ticketing policies and procedures in both the Box Office and Call Centre to provide a high level of service
- Supervising and supporting Ticket Agents to ensure all performance goals are achieved
- Trouble-shooting equipment and hardware
- Filling out end of shift reports, entering nightly sales into Box Office Sales Report interface
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Box Office, Will Call folder, Call Centre space and working desks
- Assisting Ticket Agents with cashing in and cash out processes – ensuring their sales are balanced, troubleshooting when discrepancies occur, holding agents accountable when necessary
- Documenting and reporting any issues, concerns, feedback from customers and staff that occurred over their shift. Maintaining open communication with Management team
- Opening and closing the Box Office following all outlined procedures
- Working closely with all Visitor Experience teams – being able to communicate key information quickly and efficiently
- Training agents and updating them on new information and processes
- Performing some light lifting and other duties, as required
- Minimum two years ticketing experience.
- Familiarity with Ticketing Systems is an asset. Knowledge of Archtics is preferred, other Ticketmaster platforms are an asset.
- Previous Customer Service experience is required (in person, via email, and telephone)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
- Previous cash handling experience is required. Experience handling sales of all types (credit, debit, gift cards)
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated, open to working in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve independently, resolve conflict, remain calm in a fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable about TIFF. Previous experience with the Toronto Internal Film Festival is an asset.
- Able to adapt to a flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Monday, May 7, 2018
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Friday, April 20, 2018.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05