OverviewToronto International Film Festival Data Assistant Contract in Toronto, ON
Toronto International Film Festival
Branch Toronto ON CA
Additional responsibilities will include processing membership sales/donations and various auditing tasks. Able to troubleshoot through issues using a variety…
Submission Deadline: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2017
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
Reporting to the Coordinator, Advancement Operations the Data Assistant will be responsible for supporting data entry and system maintenance for the Advancement Department. Additional responsibilities will include processing membership sales/donations and various auditing tasks.
- Supporting the maintenance of Advancement data in Ticketing and CRM systems (Archtics and Raiser’s Edge)
- Run monthly data audit queries
- Respond to Ad Ops emails with troubleshooting solutions
- Execute RE functions (Queries, Exports, Mail) for receipting, and acknowledgement letters
- Timely and accurate gift processing
- Follow up on declined payments and missed pledge payments
- Follow guidelines for PCI compliance
- Accurate and secure cash handling and deposit
- Report Generation
- Produce select lists as required by the department
- Build Queries and Exports related to donations, membership, and other sales
- Support reporting on Events, Campaigns and Appeals
- Compliance with CRA rules and guidelines for tax receipting
- Compliance with AFP Donor Bill of Rights and AFP Code of Ethical Principals and Standards
- Adhere to TIFF and HR policies and guidelines
- Passion for data management and organizational effectiveness
- Proficiency in a fundraising CRM (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura) or a ticketing system (e.g. Archtics, Vendini) is a strong asset
- Excellent critical thinking and attention to detail
- Able to troubleshoot through issues using a variety of potential solutions
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and communications skills, as well as tact and judgment
- Commitment to feedback, initiative, professional development, AFP Code of Conduct and Donor Bill of Rights
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- March 6, 2017 to October 6, 2017
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2017.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11