OverviewToronto International Film Festival Creative Technology Lead Full Time in Toronto, ON
Toronto International Film Festival
Branch Toronto ON CA
Creative Technology Lead
CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY LEAD. 3-5 years experience working with teams to deliver high-quality, public-facing creative technology projects….
Submission Deadline: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2016
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work closely with the Digital Studio team to develop, build and maintain seamless, intuitive, high-performing digital projects. Using modern web tools, frameworks, languages and paradigms, contribute to a well-documented, reusable code base; design and develop custom interfaces for developers and content editors; and work with various departments and disciplines to develop special sites and world-class creative projects that contribute to a holistic and delightful user experience for everyone who engages with our organization. This person will undertake all front-end production work as required, collaborating with other creatives and developers as needed. Responsible for determining, documenting and executing the best approaches and technologies to serve our business and creative goals; rapidly developing prototypes and proofs-of-concept; integrating third-party services and API development.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the full-time position of:
CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY LEAD
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be a part of our ever growing team, and be part of Toronto’s cultural history.
- Work with the team to plan and execute the design and development of TIFF.net and other digital projects as required
- Bring creative and delightful ideas to the table that will provide an exceptional experience for our audience
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in the industry, including new ways of telling stories and sharing content
- Ensure development execution aligns with Digital Studio approach and overall TIFF digital strategy
- Work with the Production Manager to ensure our Trello is always up-to-date and the right conversations are taking place
- Participate in pair programming and peer code reviews, help develop testing frameworks and assist in the production of technical and user documentation
- Work with IT to maintain and refine dependable interface between front-end and backend systems
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely professional manner, meeting a high standard of quality as outlined by the Digital Studio and the organization
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines for various stakeholders
- Intermediate-experienced web development skills and understanding of user-centered design principles, user interface and experience design
- 3-5 years experience working with teams to deliver high-quality, public-facing creative technology projects
- Ability to evaluate production plans and accurately estimate timing
- Ability to rapidly create working prototypes
- Experience with game development, animation, Unity3D, iOS/Android, and interactive video a plus
- Experience with test-driven development a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; good judgment, initiative and intuition
- Ability to work in open-office environment and collaboratively in a group setting
- Ability to work independently and within a larger organizational context
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- November 21, 2016
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2016.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers .
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31