OverviewToronto International Film Festival Assistant, Film Office Contract in Toronto, ON
Toronto International Film Festival
Branch Toronto ON CA
Assistant, Film Office
Assist with the coordination of hospitality needs for some Industry or Festival Programming guests. Coordinate the visa support process for Festival Programming…
Submission Deadline: FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the contract position of:
ASSISTANT, FILM OFFICE
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Film Office, the Film Office Assistant will provide general and administrative support to the Film Office department. The Film Office Assistant will work across internal departments including Festival Programming and Industry Programming.
- Provide administrative support for the Film Office department
- Perform data entry of guest information and preparation of reports utilizing the Festival database (Artifax)
- Assist with the coordination of hospitality needs for some Industry or Festival Programming guests
- Coordinate the visa support process for Festival Programming guests
- Work with Ticketing Services to create and organize accreditation for Festival Programming guests
- Coordinate the guest reimbursement process
- Fielding general questions and requests from guests and delegates via phone, email and onsite during the Festival
- Assist with check-in and management of Film Office volunteers prior to and during the Festival
- Provide on-site assistance to guests during the Festival for Guest Pass pick-up, tickets and general questions
- Provide consistent and accurate information to the guest(s) and internal TIFF departments
- Provide a detailed post mortem following the Toronto International Film Festival
- Previous Film Festival or Event management experience required
- Minimum 1 year experience in a high-level customer service role, with a focus in hospitality, travel and/or tourism would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate (oral and written) in a clear and professional manner
- Detail-oriented with excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to function as an effective team member, demonstrating initiative in a fast-paced, high volume environment adapting to changing client needs and manage competing priorities
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy, and ability to handle confidential information
- Able to handle emergencies, difficult situations and people with aplomb and grace
- Post-secondary education in film or hospitality considered an asset
- Fluency in foreign languages considered an asset
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends and all 11 days of the Festival
- June 28, 2017 to September 19, 2017
How to Submit & Application Deadline
- Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017.
- All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
- Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-29