OverviewToronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games Technical Director, Live Event Site Temporary in Toronto, ON
Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games
Branch Toronto ON CA
Technical Director, Live Event Site
Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Technical Director and/or Production Manager of large scale outdoor festivals or live entertainment….
Aboriginal, Community, Cultural and Public Affairs
Production Manager, Arts and Culture
Number of Direct Reports
The Technical Director, Live Event Site will report to the Production Manager, Arts and Culture and work in direct conjunction with the Producer, Live Event Site. The Technical Director will be responsible for all on-site technical operations, including load-in and load-out, and day to day operations of the festival site. Duties will include pre-production preparation of plans and schedules, and direct supervision of all technical suppliers and staff.
- Assist with advance planning and organization for all technical systems and activities for live site;
- Follow up on and finalize all technical system details, including inventories, logistics, timeline, installation, operations, maintenance, repair and return to supplier
- Confirm and monitor all crew calls for all technical staff, including suppliers, contractors and employees, and supervise all technical activities on-site
- Ensure budgetary accountability for the above, and follow proper change-order processes for any and all adjustments, to be approved by Production Manager
- Review and be familiar with all technical requirements for all performances and ensure their correct implementation
- Report to and support Producer on day-to-day operations to ensure smooth and successful delivery of all live events
- Liaise with TO2015’s Operations division as required, to facilitate on-site activities
- work across various functions to ensure a consistent delivery of the Arts and Culture program
- In coordination with Health and Safety supervisor, ensure all staff follow all relevant policies and procedures at all times regarding OHSA requirements
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager or Producer
- All levels of staff and management within TO2015
- Venue technical crews and tradespeople
- Performers and performance support staff
- Municipal and provincial partners and regulatory officials
- Organized labour representatives
- Broadcast media partners
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a Technical Director and/or Production Manager of large scale outdoor festivals or live entertainment.
- Experience working with international artists and creative teams.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience managing large, diverse technical teams, including unionized labour.
- Experience with all major technical areas pertaining to live sites (staging, lighting, sound, video, and rigging).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail, the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and managing conflicting priorities and work demands
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills to deal effectively with all levels of staff and stakeholders along with the ability to handle sensitive issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead, make quick and informed decisions, and report accordingly as required.
- A demonstrated sense of collaboration and team building.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible to work long hours in peak periods and be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as required
- Solid knowledge and interest in a wide range of the professional arts including but not limited to theatre, dance, music and visual arts.
- Fluency in English mandatory; knowledge of French and/or Spanish a significant asset.
TO2015 is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-23