OverviewToronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games Associate, Site Occupational Health and Safety Full Time in Toronto, ON
Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games
Branch Toronto ON CA
Associate, Site Occupational Health and Safety
Reporting to the Coordinator, Site Occupational Health & Safety, the Associate will assist in the implementation and administering of the Village Occupational…
Coordinator, Site Occupational Health & Safety
Number of Direct Reports
Spanish: Very Desirable
Other: Portuguese is an asset
Please note this a full-time short-term contract position, starting in March 2015 and ending in August or September 2015.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Site Occupational Health & Safety, the Associate will assist in the implementation and administering of the Village Occupational Health and Safety program. This entry-level position will be responsible for providing on-site First Aid services to Village staff, contractors and volunteers during the Pre-Games (up until July 1, 2015) period. The Associate will also assist with daily facility management of the Village.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring Village Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures are being followed on the site.
- Assist in the delivery of the staff, volunteer, and contractor orientation program.
- Assist in the delivery of a Village site safety orientation for staff, contractors and volunteers.
- Assist in the day-to-day facility management requirements of the Village.
- Assist in conducting Village workplace inspections.
- Assist in Emergency response implementation plans for the Village.
- Assist in the coordination of site access.
- Assist in the day to day facility maintenance operations including operational inspections of spaces.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
All levels of staff and management within TO2015
- A current First Aid certificate valid in Ontario for the period of employment (valid until September 2015) would be preferred
- Training for otherwise qualified candidates may be provided
- Experience in the provision of First Aid services is an asset.
- Previous training in Occupational Health and Safety would be an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- As the Village is a 24-hour operation, flexibility to work various shifts (including overnight) during Games-time will be required
- Some work outside in inclement weather may be required
- Ability to work under pressure in potentially stressful situations
- Well-organized, demonstrates attention to detail
- Great oral, written and communication skills
TO2015 is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25