Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-04
Top Hotel Builders Mechanical Foreman Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Top Hotel Builders
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Supervise mechanical trades and semi skilled employees to ensure assigned work conforms to quality, time and productivity requirements….
Primary Objective : Supervise mechanical trades and semi skilled employees to ensure assigned work conforms to quality, time and productivity requirements
- Ensure sufficient task analysis are completed to carry work out safely.
- Ensure all direct labouring control work to safe working procedures and systems.
- Co-ordinate and allocate work to trade employees in accordance with directions.
- Request equipment, materials and consumables as required with in limits of authority.
- Monitor the use of materials and care of equipment and plant to minimise waste and damage.
- Prepare short term schedules at an agreed frequency ie daily and weekly.
- Ensure that all mechanical labour is constantly employed efficiently and effectively.
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned labour.
- Refer disciplinary action to the Superintendent.
- Ensure that work is performed as per Job Cards or ITP’s and current schedule of works.
- Ensure all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements and that documentation is completed on time.
- Daily time cards are completed accurately and on time.
- Assist Superintendent in HR labour employment/recruitment.
- Assist in the management of an harmonious environment, team building and training of apprentices and other employees as required.
- Liaise and interface with Fabrication Foreman.
- Ensure housekeeping is ongoing by maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
- Enforce safety rules through ongoing communication and Toolbox meetings.
- Open/close site.
- Ensure workshop security – Machine lockup – mobile equipment, gates, cupboards, office.
- Ensure equipment and tools are secure and used correctly.
- Estimate hours remaining to be completed on jobs.
- Help in technical queries.
- Follow job cards thoroughly.
- Sign Start and Finish times on time cards daily.
- Check time card codes.
- Assist in estimating.
- Coordinating machine shop deliveries to subcontractors and clients.
- Expedite Supplier/Subcontract deliveries.
- Assist in interviewing new employees.
- Assist in performance appraisals.
- Assist in terminations.
- Assist in employee warnings.
- Plan overtime for approval.
- Assist in preparation of Production Schedule.
- Monitor RDO’s, annual leave, sick leave, workcover leave etc.
- Receive and dispatch goods.
- Investigate non conformance.
- Maintain work accuracy in all aspects of manufacture.
- Assist in preparation of Capital Budget.
- Assist in preparation of Tooling Budget.
- 4 – 8 years relevant working site Foreman experience
- Red seal certification
- Project experience with commercial new construction or high rise tower
Job Type: Full-time
- working site Foreman: 4 years
Required license or certification: