OverviewTolko Industries Technical Specialist Full Time in Vernon, BC
Branch Vernon BC CA
Reporting to the Lead, Infrastructure Operations, the Technical Specialist is responsible for the implementation, troubleshooting and support of the technical…
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST Vernon, BC Reporting to the Lead, Infrastructure Operations, the Technical Specialist is responsible for the implementation, troubleshooting and support of the technical infrastructure for all manufacturing facility and business related server, storage and network devices networks across the company.
Working with Tolko’s Infrastructure Team the Technical Specialist will assess existing systems and participate in the development of five year rolling plans for infrastructure capital requirements to support business needs. The incumbent will also utilize IT best practices in working with Operations staff to optimize mill operations and ensure reliable infrastructure is provided.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a related field with a background in use of proven technology
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience
- Extensive infrastructure support experience with mission critical networks and servers
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, servers, storage, mobile phones, tablets and network devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, O365, ADFS.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows VMware vSphere and Linux
- Enjoys being creative and innovative, with the drive to improve Business Systems and Technology
- Care for yourself and your family with competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Live where you work
- Work at a company where safety is a core value
- Be part of a sustainable and environmentally responsible company
Build your career with us and apply today!
When you join Tolko, you are signing on with an industry leader in world markets that has built success through three generations with over 3000 employees and growing. Our structure and culture encourage innovation, growth, and change in an open environment. To explore current career opportunities and become a part of our community, apply online today via www.tolko.com.
Applications will be accepted until January 3, 2017.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vernon, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06