OverviewTMX Group Inc. Business Analyst Full Time in Montréal, QC
TMX Group Inc.
Branch Montréal QC CA
Documents business requirements (BRD); Assists users in defining their business needs; Reporting to the Director, Architecture, the Business Analyst draws up…
Reporting to the Director, Architecture, the Business Analyst draws up requirement statements and takes part in development projects as advisor in the area of business and systems use. He follows up change requests with users and acts as intermediary between users and implementation teams.
• Serves as TMX business activities and systems usage expert, for both clients and teams.
• Assists users in defining their business needs;
• Documents business requirements (BRD);
• Develops impact and preliminary analyses and participates actively in their implementation;
• Monitors business needs during development phases and validates proposed computerized solutions through acceptance testing with his clients;
• Supports the project managers and his clients in their decision-making by carrying out research, analyses and recommendations;
• Receives, analyses and documents change requests and provides follow-up and quality control;
• Participates in activities required for the approval and prioritization of change requests with the project manager;
• When required by users, helps develop testing strategies;
• Carries out any other related task assigned by his immediate superior.
Skills and Experience
• University degree in business administration, major in finance or information systems or computer science;
• 5 years’ experience in information systems and 3 years in the financial sector specifically as a business analyst.
• Bilingualism, French and English (spoken and written).
• Excellent structured written communications
• Ability to deliver presentations on IT solutions
• Effective meeting management skills involving internal and external clients
• Knowledge of financial mathematics
• Ability to innovate
• Strong adaptability and learning skills
Nice to Have(s):
• Canadian Securities Course an asset;
• Knowledge of UML modeling – an asset
• Working knowledge of Google work environment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25