OverviewTim Horton Children’s Foundation Waterfront Coordinator Temporary in Whiteshell, MB
Tim Horton Children’s Foundation
Branch Whiteshell MB CA
Home to the THCF Youth Leadership Program during the summer months, Camp Whiteshell provides leadership development opportunities for youth through a range of…
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to fostering within the children we serve the quest for a brighter future. The Foundation is currently searching for a:
Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell – Whiteshell, Manitoba
Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell is located on the beautiful shores of Sylvia Lake across the river from Pinawa, and just within the boundary of the Whiteshell Provincial Park. Home to the THCF Youth Leadership Program during the summer months, Camp Whiteshell provides leadership development opportunities for youth through a range of camp activities and backcountry camping experiences.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Seasonal Waterfront Coordinator is responsible for planning, directing, and supervising the staff in the delivery of the camp’s daily waterfront programs.
All required qualifications and certification(s) commensurate with the position indicated above and must remain valid throughout the entire period of employment with the Foundation. These include:
- Clear criminal background search (including vulnerable sector, if applicable)
- Legal eligibility to work in Canada
- National Lifeguard Service Certification
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- Standard First Aid and Level C CPR
- Valid G Class License (or equivalent)
- Bilingual English/French an asset
- Provide direct supervision and performance feedback to Waterfront Program Staff; Support their development and goal-setting for the summer.
- Provide supervision, training and feedback to all staff facilitating programs at the Waterfront; ensure appropriate equipment and standards are followed.
- Facilitate the waterfront program as determined by the Program Manager and THCF Local Operating Procedures; Facilitate programs based on the THCF positive youth outcomes model
- Be a positive role model for young people, including teaching and setting a good example in areas such as proper manners, goal setting, accountability, respect for the environment, and respect for each other
- Provide direction and guidance to campers such that celebrates their differences and plans for their success; Ensure campers are engaged and recognized for their contributions and achievements
- Ensure program area, equipment and supplies are clean and in good repair, fully stocked and organized; Order additional supplies proactively.
- Be accountable for risk assessment and implementation of Foundation safety standards/protocols/procedures
- Report concerns or incidents in the area of camper and staff wellness (this includes physical, mental, and emotional health and safety), as well as equipment and facility maintenance/care to immediate supervisor or camp management, and complete the necessary documentation as soon as possible
- Provide feedback on continuous improvement initiatives to Program Manager
Above responsibilities are representative but not all inclusive.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Whiteshell, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23