OverviewTim Horton Children’s Foundation Program Facilitator Temporary in Kananaskis, AB
Tim Horton Children’s Foundation
Branch Kananaskis AB CA
Pursuing post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation, outdoor/adventure education or a related field. The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is committed to…
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is committed to serving youth from low-income families living in Tim Hortons communities across Canada and the United States. Our campers participate in wilderness-based experiences which are a powerful tool for personal growth and learning. Our five year program builds skills and strengths that help youth thrive at school, succeed in their future workplaces and become positive, contributing members of their communities.
We’re looking for…
Tim Horton Children’s Ranch (THCR) is spread out over 150 acres in beautiful Kananaskis Country. Located a 1 hour drive west of Calgary, Kananaskis is surrounded by popular tourist communities including Banff and Lake Louise. THCR offers a panoramic view of the Canadian Rockies and glacier-fed waters. Program highlights include: overnight camping and backpacking, whitewater rafting, organic gardening, horseback riding and rock climbing on a real rock face.
June 3, 2017 – September 1, 2017
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
• Delivering quality, youth-focused programming through facilitating climbing activities
• Ensuring proper climbing instruction and safety of campers and staff at all times
• Maintaining professional and healthy relationship with all companies, service providers, park wardens, Stoney Reserve Municipal Agents, etc.
• Maintaining and properly storing climbing gear/equipment
• Completing daily trip logs and related forms, as well as incident/accident reports as necessary
• Being a role model for campers to look up to during the camp session and beyond
• Providing leadership and guidance to other staff, modeling inclusivity and mentorship
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
• Pursuing post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation, outdoor/adventure education or a related field
• Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG) Top Rope Climbing Instructors (TRCI) Certification – or willing to obtain
• Wilderness First Aid – or willing to obtain
• Extensive climbing experience
• Demonstrated group facilitation skills
• Experience working with youth, preferably in an outdoor setting
• Skilled in behaviour management and problem solving
• Clear criminal background check
• Ability to live on-site for an extended period of time and work flexible hours
JOIN OUR TEAM TO…
• Being involved in inspiring young people to discover their potential
• Working alongside liked-minded change makers
• Working in a picturesque location, ideal for outdoor adventures
• Participating in extensive training opportunities
• Having your accommodations and meals provided
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Kananaskis, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24