OverviewTikinagan Child & Family Services Child Care Worker Full Time in Fort Hope, ON
Tikinagan Child & Family Services
Branch Fort Hope ON CA
Child Care Worker
Fort Hope, ON
Post secondary education and beginning social work training, or equivalent preferred. As per the direction from Tikinagan’s Board of Directors and by Chiefs’…
The Child Care Worker is responsible to provide services to children who are in the temporary or permanent care of Tikinagan. The worker is Tikinagan’s representative as legal guardian of these children. The worker will provide counseling and support, develop plans of care, and ensure children’s needs are met in ways that are consistent with Tikinagan’s vision, First Nations standards, and the Child and Family Services Act and related standards and regulations. As per the direction from Tikinagan’s Board of Directors and by Chiefs’ resolutions, and in order to work in the true spirit of Tikinagan Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model, Tikinagan has been moving services and staff positions to the community level. Hiring staff based in the First Nations served by Tikinagan is part of our decentralization efforts.
- Post secondary education and beginning social work training, or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to speak one of the Nishnawbe-Aski language dialects is considered an asset.
- Commitment to Tikinagan’s vision, goals and principles.
- A proven ability to work effectively with families and children.
- Experience and understanding of Native cultural issues, and of the geographic realities and social conditions within northern remote Native communities.
- Understanding of the Child and Family Services Act, and the role of child protection.
- Basic skills in verbal and written communication, and personal time management.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have: a valid Ontario driver’s license, applied for a criminal record check prior to employment, and be willing and able to travel.
- Computer experience is an asset.
- On the job training will be provided.
All successful applicants will require an application for, or a current, Criminal Record Check(CRC). A Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) for those positions working with children will also be required. As such, it is recommended that applicants apply for a CRC & VSC as soon as possible.
***ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED***
Tikinagan Child and Family Services is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Tikinagan Child and Family Services will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Tikinagan Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Tikinagan Child and Family Services will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Tikinagan Child and Family Services seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Tikinagan Child and Family Services will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Tikinagan Child and Family Services strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Tikinagan Child and Family Services will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Hope, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11