OverviewTides Canada Foundation Sr. Events and Office Coordinator Full Time in Lower Mainland, BC
Tides Canada Foundation
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Sr. Events and Office Coordinator
Lower Mainland, BC
Coordinate onsite event logistics including catering, opening and closing venues, etc. Coordinate collection of speaker information including bios and photos,…
Full Time, Permanent
Starting as soon as possible
Tides Canada is dedicated to a healthy environment, social equity, and economic prosperity for all Canadians.
We bring giving, investing and doing under a single roof so that we can accelerate positive change, achieve greater impact and advance solutions across Canada.
Are you a self-starter with a background in successfully coordinating events? Do you enjoy supporting teams in fast-paced environments? Do you enjoy wearing many different administrative hats on any given day? Are you passionate about the environment and a just Canadian society? If so, this newly created position at Tides Canada is for you.
Tides Canada is seeking a Sr. Event Coordinator/Administrative professional for our Vancouver office. In this newly created position, the successful candidate will act as a key point of contact for all events and will also play a key contributing role in providing administrative support for the Vancouver and Toronto offices.
About Tides Canada
From Canada’s big cities to its remote land, waters, and rural communities, Tides Canada provides uncommon solutions for the common good.
As a national charity, we connect and empower a wide range of changemakers across the country to take on tough social and environmental challenges, building a stronger Canada. We work to accelerate positive change and achieve greater impact across the country by bringing giving, investing, and doing under a single roof.
Tides Canada is comprised of two associated philanthropic organizations – Tides Canada Foundation and Tides Canada Initiatives Society. Tides Canada Foundation is a public grant-making foundation. Tides Canada Initiatives Society is a shared platform that houses and supports over 40 social and environmental projects across the country.
Reporting to the Program Associate in Vancouver, and working closely with Strategic Programs, Development, and Shared Platform teams, the Sr. Event and Office Coordinator will be responsible for:
Coordination of Meetings, Events and Gatherings (such as donor cultivation and engagement events, partnership building and networking meetings, donor and partner trips, conferences, community learning exchanges, project gatherings, Board meetings, and knowledge exchange meetings) (75%):
- Coordinate event operations and logistics, including event promotion, supplier relations, booking travel and venues, coordination of dates and correspondence with attendees, committee liaison and volunteer management; giving special consideration to insurance, legal and health and safety requirements
- Develop and maintain ongoing and effective relationships with external suppliers and vendors as well as other support services to ensure effective and sufficient support for event and partner needs
- Manage event budget, purchase orders, invoices and expenses for all events, including reconciling and filing expenses before and after events
- Research and provide quotes in relation to flights and accommodation, and assist in organizing and booking travel and accommodation for participants, presenters, donors, and staff
- Assist in building itineraries in relation to learning trips and other events
- Coordinate collection of speaker information including bios and photos, release/permission forms, travel arrangements, logistics, etc.
- Provide direction and support to presenters, hosts and guests to ensure their involvement is managed effectively
- Collect and compare vendor prices and quotes, assessment forms, room layout diagrams, negotiation of rates and fee payment schedules, client contract and invoices
- Coordinate onsite event logistics including catering, opening and closing venues, etc.
- Manage invite and participant lists (before, during, and after events)
- Work with the Communications team as necessary to produce all materials required for events, such as invitations, programs, conference materials, and ensure that all related social media and web content is current and broadcast emails are scheduled, etc.
- Update and enter information in appropriate databases and follow up as required
Office Administration (15%):
- Manage the reception area in Vancouver by answering phones, greeting visitors, and responding to general inquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Handle incoming mail, outgoing mail, couriers and incoming faxes; monitor and sign-off courier invoices
- Ensure the aesthetics and efficient operation of the office, including liaising with property managers regarding office/building related issues
- Manage Vancouver office administrative tasks such as manage weekly food delivery and invoicing, administer petty cash, coordinate off-site document storage, ordering supplies, maintaining office printers, managing the postal machine, schedule restarts for shared computers (loaner laptops, meeting rooms), maintaining account and log-in lists for meeting rooms and call in lines, etc.
- Work with the Toronto Office Administrator to provide continuity around processes and structures for the general administrative support of the organization
- Setting up meetings between Toronto & Vancouver
- Maintain general voicemail for Vancouver and Toronto offices and staff contact lists and directories
- Work with the Communications team to compile the internal staff newsletter
Providing occasional support/backup for the Executive Assistant and Strategic Programs, Development and TCI teams (10%):
- Act as back up to the Executive Assistant to assist with CEO’s executive needs
- Assist Executive Assistant, TCI, Development and Strategic program teams in busy times with administrative support, such as printing and distribution of Board books, support for hard copy proposals, etc.
- Other duties as requested by immediate supervisor
- Minimum 3 years of related, independent administrative and event planning experience with proven experience in organizing and executing successful events, ideally with some experience coordinating travel
- University Degree or Diploma in Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Administration or related field is preferred
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet and manage multiple timelines and deadlines
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a complex environment
- Outstanding spoken and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience working with external vendors and suppliers
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, preferable to also have proficiency in Salesforce, and other event related programs such as Eventbrite
- Ability to support a team within a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Able to work independently without immediate supervision
- Ability to maintain discretion, tact, diplomacy and absolute confidentiality at all times
- Must have strong interest in Tides Canada’s mission and vision and be able to execute events in accordance with values of organization
- Solid work ethic with a commitment to producing high quality work
- The position may require flexible hours and occasional travel
Staff Benefits: Our competitive benefits package includes health and dental insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, transit reimbursement, RRSP contribution, committed colleagues, a culture of innovation and the sense of accomplishment that comes from helping to create a more just and sustainable world.
How to Apply: Together with your resume, please include a cover letter, which includes your responses to the following questions:
Tides Canada is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace environment and we welcome and encourage applications from the communities we serve.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest! No phone calls or recruiters please
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24